Cash Transfer Officer
Job Title: Cash Transfer Officer
Sector: Emergency Response
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Adama, Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recover of livelihood of disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
The Cash Transfer Officer is responsible for carrying out all aspects of program delivery through cash based programming through cash transfer or in kind based for disaster affected communities. The position holder is also responsible for identifying priority needs and target communities those affected by natural and manmade crisis, conducting IDPs verification assessment, conducting market assessment in the areas of needy community, conducting post distribution monitoring, establishing relationships with community, local government and leaders, overseeing field-level operations, such as the delivery of materials/inputs, registration of complaints, and payment to beneficiaries.
- Participate in regional and national level post crisis planning and implementation of cash based programs with the country office emergency team.
- Conduct assessments (needs, market, risks and security) and provide input for concept note and proposal development for cash transfer projects.
- Participate in the process of identifying beneficiary communities/targeting based on robust and participatory criteria.
- Conduct beneficiary feedback and response mechanism (BFRM) activities and also serve field focal point for handling the BFRM data base.
- Work with and provide timely technical support to the IRC’s implementing partners; maintain respectful and constructive relations with partner staff.
- Ensure all monitoring activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection as required under the project.
- Closely work with all IRC field team in general and with ERR team in particular how to integrate and align the cash programing with other ERR activities and priorities.
- Monitor progress against project work plan, identifying any current or potential delays and recommend solutions to cash based technical issues.
- Ensure appropriate community messages are transferred to the beneficiaries, local government partners, vendors, non-clients and other key actors.
- Prepare Purchase Requests for program supplies/activities and liaison with field SC and finance team to undertake field procurement as designated and authorized.
- Provide training of how the e-voucher system works, how to handle data using the e- devices (offline and online); on how to handle the e-devices (e-voucher reader, Smartphone with application, and e-voucher) including the hand over process with the vendors.
- Represent the IRC on cash coordination meetings at different level like region, zone and woreda level and participate on seasonal and ES-NFI cluster assessments.
- Fully comply with IRC safety and security procedures and provide input to security monitoring and assessments to enable and promote a safe and secure environment for program implementation.
- Produce/contribute to IRC and donor reports as per set schedules (monthly, quarterly and annually) on grant activities, indicators and achievements.
- Support and coach the Financial Service Providers (FSP) to meet the humanitarian principles during Cash Response program/facilitating the payment to the beneficiaries.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Field Manager based in Adama.
Position directly supervises: Cash Transfer Assistant.
Indirect Reporting: Senior Cash Officer based in Addis Office
Other Internal and/or external contacts: This role will collaborate and interact regularly internally with ERR, Health, CWI, Supply Chain, Finance, HR/Admin and Externally with INGOs/NGOs, Government partners, Clusters and Task Forces & Financial Service Providers (FSP).
Education: BA Degree/Post Graduate Degree in Agri-Business Management, Economics, Marketing, Rural Development, and Project Management.
Work Experience: 3 years for BA Degree holders & 2 years for MSc Degree holders. 1 year supervisory skill and basic managerial skills. INGO experience is a plus.
Demonstrated skills and competencies:
- Proven experience on cash based program.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use MS office, word, excel, and other applications.
- Ability to analyze and synthesis a variety of activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work on their own, a self-starter with high energy levels and the capability to work within a multi-cultural team and able to work at harsh environment.
- Ability to communicate in English, Amharic, and Afaan Oromo languages skills is required.
- Familiarity working in Oromia regions is an advantage.
See Job Detail or Apply