Capacity Building Officer
Job Title: Capacity Building Officer
Sector: Emergency Response
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recover of livelihood of disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
Capacity Building Officer will be responsible for coordination, management, and direct implementation of the capacity building component of the project and monitoring, evaluation and reporting of progress. She/he is responsible for execution of the capacity development activities in line with agreed timeline and budget enduring the attainment of the project objectives and outcomes. This position will based at Adama and directly reports to Senior ERR Officer.
- Coordinate and administer the capacity building components of ERR projects, monitor lifecycle of the projects, prepare/use the project control mechanisms, provide updates as per requirements, and document and share overall all processes.
- Coordinate and facilitate the implementation of the activities outlined in the perspective plan pertaining to the capacity building component of the project.
- Conduct capacity building trainings in consultation with ERR Team and in line with the project targets and priorities.
- Prepare work schedule and facilitate the execution of the activities ensuring that they are implemented in accordance with plans and the organization and donor standard practices.
- Arrange & facilitate workshops and symposiums in line with the project plan ensuring the participation of all relevant stakeholders.
- Perform regular check-up on implementation procedures to ensure compliance to the IRC’s & Donor regulations and maintain proper documentation.
- Prepare draft training TORs for capacity building activities and share with relevant Supervisors for review and approval.
- Participate in assessments and target identification, preparation of concept notes, proposals and budgets for ERR projects. .
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of the budget allocated for capacity building component of the grant within the grant period.
- Ensure the required capacity building support was provided for the community representatives, WASHCOs, and district government bodies as per the activities in the project proposal.
- Ensure the project launching and handover is properly done following the right procedures and documentations.
- Initiation procurement requests (PRs) timely as per the procurement plan, in accordance with the budget available, follow up procurement request status and ensure supply of goods and materials.
- Maintain the planned project activities are implemented in a timely and professional manner, according to project goal, objectives, and indicators and in line with IRC’s and Donor requirements and beneficiary needs.
- Compile progress data and keep records of capacity building related activities in soft and hard copies.
- Draft report on project implementation progress on monthly/quarterly basis and submit to the Senior ERR Officer for review as per the schedule; collect feedbacks, comments and recommendations and implement for improvement.
- Maintain the consistency and quality of the monthly and quarterly reports.
- Participate on meetings where necessary and liaise with stakeholders and represent the IRC in relation to the project/grant as advised.
- Participate on coordination meetings with stakeholders whenever delegated.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor and/or Senior Managers.
Education: BA/MA Degree in Social Studies or related fields.
Work Experience: 3 years for BA Degree or 2 years for MA Degree holders.
- 1 year supervisory experience and basic managerial skills.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and sense of personal integrity.
- Ability to multi-task & carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
- Ability to work under pressure & willingness to put in extra hours in emergencies
- Basic computer skills (office), Microsoft office, Excel, word.
- Ability to communicate in English, Amharic, and Afaan Oromo languages skills is required.
- Familiarity with local context of the project implementation areas is an advantage.
See Job Detail or Apply