Assistant Finance Manager
The main purpose of the position:
To ensure timely preparation of MIS reports and assist the finance manager in financial analysis, budgeting, working capital management, board meeting coordination, and audit (external and internal).
Reporting into this position (designation and level)
- Routine/Direct: one
- Functional/Indirect: Three (Service center accountants)
- Ensuring monthly finalization/closing of the accounts
- Preparing/Co-ordinating/Assisting in preparation of MIS and Board Reports within given timeline
- Ensuring books are maintained accurately and in compliance with IFRS, internal policies and Ethiopian tax laws.
- Analyzing the monthly results and variances between the Budget and Actual results
- Co-ordinating the external audit and ensuring timely completing of audit and accounts
- Co-ordinating Internal Audit and ensuring implementation of corrective measures on observed gaps
- Roll out the various financial policies and procedures and ensuring statutory compliances
- Assisting in funds management, securing working capital and CAPEX funding requirements, managing banking relationship
- Supervising various functions of the Finance department i.e, Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Inventory, and Cash functions.
- Ensuring effective internal financial controls
- Supporting the Company’s Finance team
- Monthly Management reporting with detailed analysis along with a comparison with prior Rolling
- Minimum 8 years of experience as an Accountant, out of which 3 years are at Assistant Manager / Senior Accountant level
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a must
- ACCA qualification is a must
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics NAVISION or any other similar ERP will be an added advantage
See Job Detail or Apply