Head Office, Addis Ababa
Salary Starting from 15,000 /month
Duties and responsibilities
- Follow up, coordinate, and control the day to day smooth financial transaction and cash flow management activities of all organizational units of the Company.
- Review and Check the final preparation of financial statements, budgets, periodical financial reports and recommends appropriate management actions for farther performance improvement.
- Sets standards for production and material costing systems evaluates and reviews the same from time to time.
- Ensure and control that all operational performance activities are done within the approved budget limits.
- Compare budget with actual project performance and material production and give clarifications on causes of deviation from budgets.
- Ensure regularly that bank statements are reconciled with company financial transaction documents regularly.
- Ensure that books of accounts and records are in balance and properly maintained.
- Prepare and submit periodical financial reports as required for timely appropriate managerial actions.
- Ensure that all payments and disbursements are made as per approved rules and procedures with appropriate authorization of the concerned authorities.
- Follow up and ensure that expenses are entered according to the order of the appropriate authorities and entries are made timely to the proper accounts.
- Follow up and ensure that the timely closing of books, preparation of financial statements and get it audited by external auditors.
- Analyzes financial statements and advises management on its implication together with a possible course of action.
- Prepares annual work programs and budgets for the Department.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the General Manager.
Qualification & Experience
Education required: BA degree or higher in accounting or finance
Experience required: 8-10 years in accounting/finance department preferably in a manufacturing company
Computer literate: Peachtree, Microsoft Office (Word & Excel); ability to learn new software
Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with a high level of difficulty
- Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
See Job Detail or Apply