Seeed Project Coordinator
The Seed Project coordinator is responsible in coordinating and facilitating seed project beneficiary selection, seed distribution, and managing the overall seed project implementation. He/she is responsible in promoting improved seed storage and PHH techniques in West Guji and Gedeo zone project woredas. The Project coordinator will be responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring, supervision and reporting of activities of the project. The project coordinator will ensure that all activities in the project areas are completed as agreed with donor and partners and will also ensure that the principal of community empowerment and ownership is pursued and promoted to the very highest attainable level. The Project coordinator will provide leadership and directions to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the project. He/she is responsible in mangmeing the project woreda staff and liaises with relevant government offices to ensure smooth working relationship is established.
Key Duties/Task list
- Oversee the delivery of adaptation and adoption of improved household seed and grain storage project in West Guji and Gedeo one project woreda kebeles.
- Ensure that all work plans and budgets are effectively and efficiently progressed and monitored
- Promote & support the adaptation & adoption of improved seed storage by farmers on-ground
- Engage and assist targeted community groups to participate in all level of the project implementation
- Developing and maintaining an information sharing network between stakeholders with interest in seed/grain storage and PHH issues
- Coordinate, deliver and report against the milestones and activities under the seed
- BSc or MSc in Plant science(agronomist) or related field with at least 4 years relevant experience; preferably with NGO
- Proven experience in partnership building and capacity development
- Excellent facilitation skills with a range of different participant groups
- Excellent written and spoken English as well as experience in writing professional documents e.g. reports and proposals to a very high level
- Age: Above 30 years
Salary &Benefits: Birr 14,100.00/ month and birr 500.00 communication & transport allowance. Other benefits will be according to the existing policy of the office.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested & qualified applicants can submit non-returnable application letter, CV & copies of supporting credentials through P.O.Box 12 or in person Hawassa Catholic Secretariat Office Room No. 4 or through
Application Deadline: Seven consecutive working days from the date of this vacancy announcement in The Reporter. However, the office has full right to cancel or take any other alternative to this vacancy announcement.
► Only short listed applicants will be contacted
See Job Detail or Apply