Regional Program Managers
Title: Regional Program Manager
Department: Regional Offices (Oromia and SNNPR)
Summary Scope of Work
The Regional Program Manager is a point person for Jhpiego in the region and provides management oversight for HWIP activities in the region. The Regional Program Manager coordinates planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities in the region. S/he represents the program to and maintains excellent relationship with RHBs, Woreda health offices and health teaching institutions in the region. The regional manager supervises regional staff including, but not limited to, education, HRM and M & E advisors and officers. S/he works collaboratively with Addis Ababa-based HWIP key personnel to ensure results are achieved.
- Position Reports To: Chief of Party – HWIP
- Position Supervised: Regional Education and Capacity Building Advisors, HRM Advisors, M & E Advisor, and support staff
Responsibilities: (include Leadership, Business Development, and Knowledge Management)
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above.
- Actively participate in the business development process.
- Actively participate in the knowledge sharing and transfer process.
- Make responsible decisions that result in both time and cost containment.
- Provide leadership to a team of Regional Education and Capacity Building Advisors, HRM Advisors, M &E Officer, and Finance and Admin Officer;
- Provide leadership in health workforce improvement setting high standards for program implementation;
- Promote teamwork across and within the regional office;
- Participate in and lead the development of work plans, and implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities and results.
- Represent HWIP in the region and maintain excellent relationships with the RHB, worteda health offices, universities, regional health science colleges and other regional counterparts
Program Management & Implementation
- Oversee overall program management to develop implementation plans, make budgetary decisions and monitor implementation of activities and ensure if program deliverables are met.
- Provide technical assistance, on-the-job training and mentoring to counterparts at the regional health bureau and health training institutions to address gaps in education and training of health workers, human resource for health management, leadership and governance, and evidence-based decision making.
- Work closely with regional chapter offices of health professional associations to lift their capacity and profile in the region.
- Supervise HWIP regional staff provide technical mentoring and support.
- Monitor activities, outputs and results of programs and produce data to enable dynamic decision-making and continually inform mid-course corrections and follow-up while working closely with the Directors, Technical, Program and Admin support staff.
- Support the development of strategies for Jhpiego Ethiopia, including technical direction for achieving human resource for health capacity building and service delivery goals as well as management effectiveness.
- Support Jhpiego Ethiopia in reviewing proposals and write-up, and pursuing business development opportunities, nurturing relationships with potential in-country partners, donors and the business community.
Knowledge Management and Sharing
- Identify programmatic successes, challenges and lessons learned, and document these for internal use, and external audiences;
- Liaise with Jhpiego technical experts to ensure that program strategies and interventions are technically sound and evidence-based.
- Ensure sharing of information and knowledge among field staff as well as from Baltimore, and explore community of practices (CoPs) on different competency areas;
- Represent Jhpiego in professional circles.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform;
- Effective communication in English, Amharic and local language (written and oral) with strong presentation and writing skills; regional working language is desirable.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with national and international staff and partners, and flexible;
- Computer Literacy (Word, Excel and power point);
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Graduate degree in public health, health service management, health education, or other relevant area
- Minimum of 7 (seven) years of experience in managing health programs in an NGO setting with international donors and familiarity with the Ethiopian Health Development Sector;
- An in-depth understanding of the human resource for health issues in the country;
- Understanding of health workforce improvement approaches and strategies
How to Apply
Applicant are expected to STRICTLY follow the below listed application procedures:
- Only qualified and interested applicants can submit application letter and well written curriculum vitae saved in one complied PDF format.
- Applicants are required to state their current basic salary in their application letter.
- Applicants must make sure their application document is saved by their full name.
- CREDENTIALS OR WORK CERTIFICATES MUST NOT BE SUBMITTED.
- The job position being applied for must be explicitly stated in the application letter.
- Applicants must clearly state the region applying for.
- Applicants must use this E-mail HREthiopia@jhpiego.org to submit applications and make sure to state the job position title applying for in the subject line.
- Applications not fulfilling the requirements stated above will automatically be rejected.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package. The winning candidate is expected to start within short period after finalization of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is May 27, 2020.
See Job Detail or Apply