Emergency Response Project Coordinator-Desert Locust Joint Response (DLJR) Project
Interchurch Organization for Development Cooperation (ICCO Cooperation) is an international non-governmental organisation founded in 1964 in the Netherlands and implements programmes with partners in Central, Eastern and Southern Africa since the 1980s. We work towards a world in which people can live in dignity and well-being, a world without poverty and injustice.
ICCO Cooperation is seeking to hire a competent and qualified person in the position of Emergency Response Project Coordinator for the Ethiopia country office.
Job Summary: The project coordinator is responsible to coordinate emergency response project implementation and to work on emergency response and disaster risk reduction programs or projects development/design. He/she will coordinate implementation of the emergency response project and undertakes related fundraising, communication and other emergency project related management tasks.
Reporting: The project Coordinator reports to the Country Manager. He/she works in a multidisciplinary team and works in direct cooperation with the program staff and finance team.
Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Contract type: Six Months with possibility of extension
Position type: National Staff based in Ethiopia Country Office Salary Scale Proposed start of contract: June 1, 2020
Duties and responsibilities:
● Manages/coordinates implementation of ICCO desert locust joint response project
● Coordinate (planning, strategy development, implementation supervision) of a the ICCO part of the joint emergency response project
● Coordinate with local implementing organizations and ensure efficient and effective implementation of the emergency response activities both by the local implementing partners and ICCO cooperation
● Provide feedback and advice to ICCO’s local partner organizations, when needed.
● Effectively collaborate with a team involved in the implementation of the emergency project
● Timely submission of plans, reports and other deliverables to all concerned bodies
● Timely reporting for the ICCO and national partners shares of this project to the country manager and the ICCO headquarters disaster management unit in the Netherlands
● Supports the development of high-quality emergency response proposals
● Attend coordination meetings which are relevant to emergency response programs, task force meetings, assessment missions etc. as needed
● Establish a good network with like-minded organizations and potential donors.
● Contribute to ICCO’s learning, exchange and knowledge-sharing
● Contribute to communication/visibility regarding activities & policies of ICCO Cooperation in Ethiopia & beyond
● Identify bottlenecks and opportunities in the context and partner organizations on a regular basis and report to management for necessary actions
● Perform additional relevant tasks assigned by the Country Manager
Qualifications and Skills
● Management and program development experience in emergency settings
● Experience in proposal development/fundraising, budgeting and report writing
● Good knowledge of humanitarian, social, economic and political situation in Ethiopia
● Knowledge of disaster risk management, food security and value chain development.
● Proven track record of effective project/program management
● A postgraduate in disaster risk management, agriculture, agricultural economics, economics, development studies, social studies or other related fields coupled with 5-8 years of relevant experiences.
● Negotiation skills
● Fundraising skills
● Networking and facilitation skills
● Training facilitation skills
● Good communication skills, including intercultural communication and communication with ecumenical actors
● Fluent in English and Afaan Oromoo languages
● Strategic thinking
● Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
● Result driven
● Independent team worker
● Affinity with the protestant character of ICCO Cooperation
More details of the job description are available here https://docs.google.com/document/d/152A7Fz-oM7Iqca7gJzJIVoS6iRTWzx5G3QOaFxHQCnc/edit?usp=sharing
How to apply:
Interested candidates should go to https://icco.hrmagic.co/careers/job?id=NDA4. and apply online. Ensure you fill in all the required fields and submit accordingly.