Election Observation Coordinator
With a view to supporting the political and economic reforms currently underway in Ethiopia, taking into account the upcoming 2020 national elections as well as recognizing the need for forming a coalition of civil society organizations that will engage in electoral activities in a coordinated and sustained manner, more than 60 Ethiopian civil society organizations came together to form the Coalition of Ethiopian Civil Society Organizations for Elections (CECOE) in May 2019. The Interim Coordinating Committee (ICC) of the Coalition (CECOE) is mandated to organize its activities. The ICC comprises the Ethiopian Civil Society Organization Forum (ECSF), Inter-Africa Group (IAG), Ethiopian Lawyers Association (ELA), Coalition of Christian Relief and Development Associations (CCRDA), Network of Ethiopian Women’s Associations (NEWA), Consortium of Ethiopian Civic and Voters Education Actors (CECVEA), and Ethiopian National Disability Action Network (ENDAN).
Among the objectives of CECOE, as stated in its Memorandum of Association, include:
- To undertake voter and civic education awareness, and increases/encourages voter participation in the electoral processes;
- To mobilize and provide the necessary support to members to actively participate in monitoring and observation of all electoral processes and referenda;
- To collect, organize, document, and share information related to electoral processes as well as prepare and disseminate same.
The Finance and Administrative Assistant will work with the Senior Director of Finance and Administration and the Senior Accountant to manage and administer grant funds for CECOE’s electoral support activities during the implementation of upcoming National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE) election program activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as primary support to the Senior Director of Finance and Administration and the Senior Accountant in financial and administrative matters of programming
- Provides financial administration of funds received from donors, including developing and tracking budget and expenses
- Assist the recording, classifying, and examining financial transactions.
- Preparation and posting of payment vouchers.
- Assist the Senior Accountant in the management of operating cash, journal and cheque books.
- Assist with financial report preparation and monthly reconciliations.
- Assist in the implementation of financial control systems.
- Examining documents to verify compliance with organization polices and procedures and the requirements included in the Cooperative Agreement (CA) signed
- Works with program staff and regional officers in the coordination of reconciliation for programmatic expenses and completes and submits documentation of financial reconciliations
- Prepare travel related, accommodation and workshop and meeeting payments.
- Assist program staff to ensure that the above disbursed funds are accurately and promptly reconciled in line with the internal policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and maintain appropriate documentation of reconciliation and filing of financial documents.
- Ensure that all transactions are in compliance with the rules and regulations of CCDRA rules and regulations and CA signed.
- Assist supervisor with payroll preparation, tax deductions and compliance, and preparation for audits.
- Support logistics associated with trainings and events.
- Other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- More than three (3) years of demonstrable financial and accounting experience and sound adminstrative skills.
- Excellent professional oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to queries, and develop clear and concise reports.
- Excellent and professional teamwork and ability to work well as part of a high performing team.
- Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and software systems to meet work needs.
- High level of attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Amharic and English fluency, both spoken and written, are required.
Job Location: Addis Ababa
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can send their application, CVs and copies of their credentials online using the CCRDA and CECOE Email Addresses as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com. Applications must be submitted at the latest May 22, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Note that the time to start work for successful applicants will depend on the announcement of the National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE) new election calendar/timetable. Candidates will receive notification from CECOE /CCRDA when they will start their work.
See Job Detail or Apply