Education Project Manager
The purpose of the Education Project Manager position is to lead in designing Education Programmes in Gambella region of Ethiopia, be accountable for quality and timely programme delivery including budgeting and monitoring against the plan, assess programme risks and recommend mitigation strategies, comply with donor regulations. The post holder is expected to demonstrate leadership skills, motivate his/her team and deliver towards achieving the organisational vision of serving the refugees and host communities in Gambella region of Ethiopia.
Duties and responsibilities
Projects Design and Planning
- Conduct high quality multi sectoral needs assessments for the design of new /integrated projects.
- In collaboration with the Area Programme Manager, Education Specialist and Area Manager develop quality proposal documents for new projects.
- Work with the CC staff, VSO volunteer/s to prepare and update logical project implementation plans including but not limited to spending forecasts, work plans, procurement plans, recruitment plans and PCMs for all projects.
Projects Implementation, Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide supportive supervision to the team to ensure the implementation of timely and high quality Education activities in the region.
- Assure the quality of instructional materials like curricular and text books used in the projects.
- Ensure that Teachers, PTAs and other Education professionals are trained on prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) and child safeguarding in all NRC supported schools and learning centres.
- Conduct regular field visits to check the quality of implemented activities and take any corrective actions as necessary.
- Ensure that project documents are correctly completed, approved and archived both in soft and hard copies.
- Review BvAs and work with the Area Programme Manager and Finance Coordinator to make the required re-allignments in line with NRC and Donor regulations.
- Ensure that high quality project reports including weekly PCM tracker and donor reports among others are prepared and shared with the Area Programme Manager on time.
- Participate in regional education fora including the cluster meetings and meetings convened by the Regional Education Bureau.
- Coordinate with other education stakeholders – UNICEF, UNHCR, ARRA and other INGOs implementing projects in the region for integrated programming and avoidance of duplication.
- Work closely with the ICLA CC for the provision of registration documents to children to enable them enrol in school.
- Assist project coordinator and Area Program manager and M&E Manager to improve PCM and monitoring data
- Lead the development of Education CC strategies for the Gambella Area Programme. Contribute to develop Macro Log frame, Local Indicators, Human Story
- As part of the Area Management Team (AMT), contribute towards the development of the Gambella Area strategies.
- Develop staff capacity and able to set clear succession plan within the contact duration
- Transform technical leadership in developing education sector strategies, implementation plans, monitoring plans and knowledge products
- Involve and capacitate government authorities/implementing partners to conduct comprehensive needs assessment/s for short and medium term, emphasize on the education needs of communities affected
For more details, refer to this job description
- Master in Education or relevant pedagogical field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience from a senior level project management position in an international humanitarian/recovery context preferably in Africa.
- Experience of managing donor budgets of at least USD 2 million per year
- Prior experience with implementation major donors project, direct implementation experience of ECHO, NMFA, UNICEF, Norwegian embassy funded projects is an advantage
- Experience of managing multi-cultural teams and staff capacity development is an advantage
- Work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Provide inspiration and leadership to project staff as well as all the partners;
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Developing and implementing conceptually innovative approaches to the provision of technical expertise
- Adaptability and willingness to work in fragile situation
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills
We can offer
- Contract Period: 12 months, renewable subject to funding
- Pay: From NOK 43,300 per month. Attractive allowances apply
- Travel: within Gambella
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
An approved health clearance will be required before commencement of the contract.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and employees to check they have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
How to apply:
Please apply via this link: https://1536510818.webcruiter.no/Main2/Recruit/Public/4234761922?language=EN&link_source_id=0
More details are available on the vacancy announcement on NRC website.