Supply Chain Intern
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive, recover, and rebuild their lives. The IRC has been working in Ethiopia for over 19 years implementing emergency and resilience programming in the areas of WASH, education, livelihoods, reproductive health, gender-based violence, and child and youth protection and development.
The IRC started its humanitarian intervention in BGRS in 2002GC. Over the past years it has implemented various Emergency Rapid Response and development projects benefiting both host communities and refugees. Currently the IRC Assosa Field Office, under its refugee interventions and host communities, is undertaking a comprehensive WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), Health and gender-based violence/community wellbeing initiation projects to contribute to efforts to enhance the living conditions and wellbeing of population of refugee camps and the host communities of BGRS.
Under the supervision of Supply Chain Officer, Supply Chain Intern is responsible for overall support of activities related to procurement documentation, procurement reporting, and warehouse activity & reporting. Reporting to Supply Chain Officer, the Supply Chain Intern is responsible for the efficient facilitation of supply chain operation in Assosa Field Office. He/ She must be able to assist and rapidly adopt and perform duties assigned by the department and supervisor.
- Support to procurement processes including preparation and distribution of RFQs, receipt of quotations.
- Preparation of purchase orders and contracts, preparation of recurring purchase orders for contracting of services, vendor creation, and maintenance of the filing system in the procurement Unit.
- Routine follow up action on procurement on behalf of the supervisor and inform supervisor of status.
- Establishment and maintenance of working files on procurement activity.
- Maintenance of an effective filing system for financial records and documents.
- Participation in the trainings for the operations and projects staff on Procurement.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Perform any other tasks, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Fill gas oil for all IRC vehicles at fuel station and keep record of all log sheets.
- Follow up maintenance of vehicles at garage.
- Prepare monthly vehicle report and submit to supervisor.
- To maintain proper filling system as per IRC filling protocol.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by Supply Chain Officer.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- a) Internal: All IRC Ethiopia staff based in Assosa Field Office.
- b) External: Suppliers connected to IRC to offer goods and services.
MINIMUM SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree/Diploma in management, accounting, or purchasing and supplies management
- Fresh graduate
- Female candidates are highly encouraged.
Knowledge of working area is advantageous.
How to Apply
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
- Only Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply to the positions.
Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?
If answer is “yes”, give the following information: YES NO
NAME Relationship Position Office/field office
- Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: P. o box- 249 Assosa
- Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
- Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
See Job Detail or Apply