Senior Grants and Contracts Officer
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Job Title: Senior Grants and Contracts Officer
Reports to; Senior Director for Finance and Operations
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
EngenderHealth invites well-qualified experienced professionals to apply for an open position of Senior Grants and Contracts Officer at its country office.
Reporting to the Senior Director-Finance & Operations, Senior Grants & Contracts Officer will be responsible for contractual responsibility to EngenderHealth Inc. assigned projects. He will provide critical oversight and technical assistance in sub grants, renovation and other contracts management, cost proposal development, financial analysis and monitoring and evaluation of grants and contracts activities against budget as well as management of the liaison and communication between the Ethiopia Office and the NY-based Grants and Contracts Unit. Senior Grants and Contracts Officer will work closely with Sr. Director for Finance & Operations, Finance Manager, Regional Team Leaders and Sr. Community Engagement and SBCC Advisor in the review of sub grantee and contract activities of EngenderHealth Inc. Ethiopia Office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements in the implementation of G & C SOPs and supporting documents, templates and systems.
- Responsible for modifications and amendments of grants & contracts agreements to ensure compliance with EngenderHealth and donor requirements.
- Keep abreast of all grants and contract rules and regulation of Ethiopia and C & S Agency compliance issues.
- Provide technical assistance to Ethiopia Office on proposal budget development, grants, contracts and sub agreements.
- Responsible for proposal budget developments for sub grantee activities,
- Serve as a knowledge resource to staff and sub grantees on all aspects of grants and contracts management, use of contractual mechanisms and donor requirements.
- Identify grants and contracts management needs within Ethiopia active project which involve grants and contracts activities.
- Responsible for the pre-award & post-award processes and assessments of all sub awards
- Responsible to facilitate all related agreement reviews, extension and closure processes.
- Responsible for Annual Compliance Monitoring in conjunction with D for F & O.
- Responsible for the financial management of the full award cycle of all sub grantees, renovations and any other grants and contracts agreements as assigned
- Prepare and maintain the appropriate grant and contract tracking reports as well as summary information sheet on all active grants.
- Responsible to monitor/identify potential issues with spending patterns, give guidance and report on quarterly spending for grants and contracts in compliance with G & C requirements
- Responsible to make necessary reallocation of costs (shift of budget) to process close out of grants and contracts or extend current contracts.
- Monitors grant revenues and expenditures records with Finance and liaison with the Finance unit on proper tracking.
- Closely follow up on renovation contracts and other contracts of EngenderHealth Inc. and liaise with G & C unit in NY for approval.
- Maintain up to date database on existing and potential resource person with respective services and keep appropriate documentation of all agreements.
- Serve as part of the Senior Bidding Committee for purchases above ETB 50,000.
- Responsible for the full documentation of all grants and contracts files on project web file.
- Responsible to take part in any bid analysis as assigned.
- Encourage good practice by promoting and championing the child protection policy and procedures and respond appropriately to disclosures or concerns which relate to the well-being of a child or vulnerable person
- Any other task as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- BA degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Management, or related field from a recognized university or professional institution. Master’s degree is an added value but not a must.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience in as Grants and Contracts Officer or similar grant management position which must include grants management, taking a leading role in negotiations with USAID, other grantors, sub grantees and subcontractors
- Must be knowledgeable about financial management principles, grants management policies and procedures, and accounting rules and regulations.
- Experience in non-profit organizations with specific experience in grant accounting is essential
- Experience in supervising grants management processes and providing technical support to program staff is needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Extensive knowledge of USAID rules and regulations including 22 CFR 226 and OMB Circular A110
- Ability to give attention to detail
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize activities and to work under pressure
- Ability to work diplomatically across different cultures and adapt to collaborative/team work environment.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Need to be honest, dependable, discrete, disciplined, with integrity, energetic.
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively safeguarding children and vulnerable populations.
- Willingness to travel to field offices
How to Apply
Well qualified and interested candidates can send their application along with their resume only not later than the deadline of this vacancy announcement.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the position
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws
EngenderHealth is committed to ensuring that its activities do not put vulnerable populations and children at risk and will put measures into place to mitigate this risk.
See Job Detail or Apply