Program Development Officer, Ethiopia
Serve with us in Ethiopia!
We're searching for a Program Development Officer who is an experienced and creative technical writer. As Program Development Officer, you will coordinate the design and implementation of programs and grant proposals along with the development of donor relationships for the country office. If you are passionate about the advancement of the Gospel and looking for a career with impact, we invite you to apply today!
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
A day in the life of a Program Development Officer:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and then we join together to pray for one another, our staff and volunteers serving around the globe.
In the role of Program Development Officer, you will:
- Develop programming through writing concept papers, proposals and budgets for Samaritan’s Purse using best practices and lessons learned in coordination with appropriate program units
- Build relationships on behalf of Samaritan’s Purse with bilateral donors, International NGOs, and other agencies; representing Samaritan’s Purse in relevant UN cluster meetings and other donor/partner meetings.
- Actively monitor agency “Calls for Proposal” and proactively inform the Country Director (CD) of upcoming opportunities
- Support program implementation as needed, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and close-out; work with the Country M&E Manager if available
- Assist the Country Director with strategic planning and the implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of newly funded program; keep track of best practices and lessons learned
- Build capacity of Samaritan’s Purse field staff in general program development skills, behavior change communication, and quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in program management, or cross-cultural field experience in the implementation of relief and development programming required
- Master’s degree (M.A.) in International Development or International Economics preferred
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent technical writing skills and experience developing proposals, training/instruction manuals, and reports
- Knowledge of basic program development skills such as quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation
- Working knowledge of the grant submission processes of major donors such but not limited to the UN, CIDA, DFID and USAID, PADF, etc.
- Possess diplomacy and negotiating skills; Clear understanding of working with major donors, their perspectives, requirements and standards
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work with a diverse team in a pressured environment
- Spiritually mature, focused on the spiritual well-being of your team and goal of sharing the Gospel
- Fluency in English (required)
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required)
Job Location: Ethiopia
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1yr)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
See Job Detail or Apply