Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Coordinate strategic designing and management of monitoring and evaluation plans
- Facilitate planning and coordination among CRGE implementing stakeholders
- Periodic monitor, conduct data analysis, prepare reporting and recommend possible corrective measures to address implementation challenges.
- Capacity building, Analytical and technical support to enhance the quality of M&E and results delivery
- Support partnership building and development effectiveness to mobilize and effectively utilize resource for the CRGE facility
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate strategic designing and management of monitoring and evaluation plans, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Prepare and regularly update a Monitoring and Evaluation System in collaboration with the key partners/stakeholders; CSOs, Think-tanks and CRGE Facility team that will be used as a guideline by implementing agencies in the planning and implementation process of CRGE Facility financed projects and programs;
- Provides technical support on CRGE Facility M&E system requirements (including results-based planning, monitoring and reporting, as well as evaluation);
- Lead assessments and analytical studies to inform CRGE planning, informed decision making and learning;
- Provide technical guidance support to the State minister for economic cooperation and the Director of CRGE in strengthening the capacity of the Ministry of Finance and sectors, coordinate and implement CRGE initiatives.
- Facilitate planning and program/project coordination among CRGE implementing stakeholders, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support and coordinate the identification, analysis and prioritization of needs to facilitate possible programmatic responses by the Ministry in line with the CRGE Strategy;
- Coordinate Performance Monitoring Plan preparations, including assessing the validity of the information and logical coherence of results, indicators and targets;
- Assisting management and CRGE Sector ministries in developing programs/projects monitoring framework;
- Develops the M&E plans for the Facility and lead on spot-checks of programs/projects, as requested by the CRGE Facility Management Committee;
- Ensure quality and timeliness of Facility financed project/program performance reporting on a quarterly (progress reports) and annually (performance assessment reports);
- Consolidates quarterly and annual reports from implementing institutions into Facility Portfolio-level quarterly and annual reports for submission to, and approval, by the CRGE Facility Management Committee;
- Organizing and coordinate mid-term and impact evaluations of Facility financed programs.
- Periodic monitor, conduct data analysis, prepare reporting and recommend possible corrective measures to address implementation challenges, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintaining and managing the CRGE Facility M&E System with well-defined results, milestones and targets for the implementation of CRGE Facility financed programs and projects;
- Regular data collection for informed decision making and M&E;
- Coordinate periodic and ad-hoc result-based monitoring and supervision missions to projects and programs financed by the CRGE Facility, based on approved indicators;
- Identifying key issues, lessons learned and best practices in the Facility Financed program and project;
- Document and facilitate learning among partners as well as the production and dissemination of best practices;
- Identify key implementation challenges and recommend remedies for management;
- Undertake to follow up monitoring to ensure that M&E mission feedbacks are implemented according to an agreed-upon action plan subsequently;
- Ensuring submission of regular and timely reports to development partners.
- Capacity building, Analytical and technical support to enhance the quality of M&E and results delivery, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide support and direct technical assistance to sectors and regions to develop M&E systems for their climate-smart strategies and plans;
- Provide technical support to sectors in measurement, report, verification and result-based monitoring and evaluation;
- Engage with CRGE sectors to ensure that the M&E system and relevant indicators and tools are fully understood and implemented;
- Provide a series of capacity building training program on Program & Projects design and management, RBM application in the context of the CRGE strategy, CRGE Facility M&E system;
- Support the line ministries on the integration process of the CRGE into the national and regional development agenda (GTP) for the effective implementation and better achievement of results;
- Support partnership building and development effectiveness to mobilize and effectively utilize resource for the CRGE facility, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Develop concept note and proposal in collaboration with Sector ministries teams to ensure sustainable resource mobilization for the CRGE facility;
- Conduct regular facility resource flow trend analysis vis a vis CRGE programmatic targets;
- Coordinate with CRGE finance team to develop annual work plans and budget in line with the development;
- Promote coordination and harmonization of process and procedures related to planning and reporting across different CRGE facility financed programs;
- Design Monitoring & evaluation framework for program relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and cost-benefit analysis of achievements versus the intended strategic objectives.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the Ministry’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the Ministry;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Promotes knowledge management in Ministry of Finance and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Ability to formulate and manage M&E plans, track progress, report on results and manage knowledge;
- Advanced knowledge of result based management;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change.
Management and Leadership:
- Builds strong relationships with partners, focuses on impact and result for the partner and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Development Policy, Management, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
- At least 4 years of relevant progressively advancing professional experience in Managing, coordinating development programs, preferably both at national and international organizations;
- Track record of successfully working with governments on sustainable development agenda.
- Proven experience and knowledge in M&E, Development Effectiveness and cooperation, Climate Change Finance, partnership and related issues is an asset and knowledge of government and development partners working procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex problems, formulate policies and implement change;
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, initiative and judgment;
- Solid technical knowledge and practical experience of application of RBM and development effectiveness principles and value for money approaches;
- Computer literacy – MS Office applications, web-based management information systems.
- Fluency in Amharic and English.
See Job Detail or Apply