Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
- In coordination with program staff, develops and maintains CDF’s monitoring and evaluation standards.
- Provides technical expertise to projects – provides hands on support with concrete ideas and recommendations for integrating M&E. This TA includes but is not limited to:
- Building partner M&E capacity,
- Supporting the recruitment and selection of qualified local M&E staff,
- Support the local M&E onboarding process,
- Collaborate with local M&E staff to develop tools and set up appropriate systems,
- Providing quality control on draft and final reports,
- Mining data within and across programs for relevant results.
- Collaborates with other CDF Canada specialists to develop plain language guidelines, subject guides, training materials and tools/solutions that are innovative and in line with organization’s strategy.
- Leads organization wide support for M&E, by identifying gaps and strategies to address them, to increase effectiveness of M&E tools in programming.
- Builds capacity of programming staff through leading learning opportunities to improve application of tools and processes and updates of evolutionary thinking around M&E.
- Supports responses to RFP or sole-source processes (bids) to expand project portfolio and sources of revenue.
- Provides support to intern, volunteer and consultant recruitment and orientation to ensure effective and consistent delivery of technical assistance overseas.
- Represents M&E and the co-operative model at domestic and international events, forums and conferences.
- Five+ years in implementation of M & E in programs and projects. Strong program/project management experience. International work experience.
- University degree in a relevant field and/or accreditation and/or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in other languages (French, Spanish) an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
- Superior knowledge of M&E methodologies, theory, and practice.
- Demonstrated experience applying M&E in practice, both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience mainstreaming M&E and managing organizational change thereof.
- Proven experience with training and facilitation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international development, project management, results-based management (RBM), financial M&E reporting and control, and a commitment to co-operative forms of enterprise (co-op model).
- Ability to provide advice, facilitate discussion, resolve conflict, development relationships, establish trust, credibility and respect.
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Determine strategies to move the project forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Change and Risk Management
- Change Leadership
- Continuous Learning
- Decision Making
- Developing Others
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Results Oriented
- Strategic Thinking
- Value and Ethics
Project:Volunteers for International Co-operation and Empowerment (VOICE)
Position Location: Project is based in the five locations – Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Senegal and Malawi
Terms: Volunteer Contract – Fixed Term
Status: Applicant must be a Canadian Citizen or possess permanent resident card (PR Card)
Travel: Travel is required
HOW TO APPLY
COVID-19 – In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and to protect our candidates’ and interviewers’ health and wellbeing, we will be conducting all interviews virtually for the foreseeable future. This circumstance may also cause application delays, as such we will reassess the situation over the coming months to determine if a extension to the deadline for submission is required.
Application Process and Deadline
- Applications must be received no later than Tuesday April 14, 2020.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Applicants must include cover letter and resume, and confirmation of Canadian status).
Please reference the job title “VOICE M&E Specialist’ in the email subject line and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted!
See Job Detail or Apply