- Location: Based in Addis Ababa Bole Lemi Industrial Park
- Experience: Minimum 6 years’ experience, preferably but not necessarily in the malting industry experience.
- Employment type: Full Time
- Salary: as per experience and profile of the candidate
The Mechanic is responsible for performing the inspection, repair, calibration, overhaul, and modification of a variety of mechanical equipment. This position oversees maintenance inspections, monitor inventory, assembly of mechanical components and performing repairs. To achieve his mission he/she needs to work with Deputy Maintenance manager, Electrical team leader, Operators & Production shift leader. The mission will also include performing preventive maintenance functions as directed and as well as performing preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment in accordance with standardized procedures.
- Implementing preventative maintenance plans for Mechanical equipment and perform preventive maintenance functions as directed and as well as performing preventive maintenance in accordance with standardized procedures.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Inspect, maintain and repair industrial equipment and machinery to ensure they’re always in proper working order.
- Test and observe equipment and machinery using tools and other testing devices to diagnose malfunctions and make repairs as needed.
- Care for machinery and equipment by cleaning them after use, adjusting parts and lubricating moving components as needed to ensure proper, efficient function.
- Examine moving parts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for signs of excessive wear, defects and damage.
- Record all maintenance and repair services performed and keep track of all materials and parts used during the repair process.
- Diploma in General Mechanic or related
- Minimum 6 years’ experience, preferably but not necessarily in the malting industry experience.
- Experience in Malting Industry is a plus;
- Must possess strong maintenance ability for mechanical equipment.
- Must possess the ability of working under pressure - complete assigned tasks under stressful situations and deal with the stress or emergency situations.
- Must be highly motivated and high energy level. Must demonstrate ambition - the drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions, procedures and policies.
- Positive attitude to support company policies and must be able to create and maintain a high-morale environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills of English language
Interested applicants can apply by sending their CVs to email@example.com with subject title
Mechanic before April 22nd, 2020.
About YES | YOUR EMPLOYMENT SOLUTIONS
YES | Your Employment Solutions delivers full-cycle recruitment services and executive
search support by discovering and screening the most qualified candidates utilizing
cutting-edge technology and timeless traditional headhunting methods. Based in Addis
Ababa, YES has become the industry leader in the specialty areas of manufacturing,
engineering, HR, sales, marketing, information technology, supply chain, accounting &
finance and Operations.
See Job Detail or Apply