Knowledge Management, Monitoring, Evaluation & Research (KMMER) Director
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
EngenderHealth-Ethiopia seeks applications from well experienced and skilled candidates to serve as the KMMER Director as per the details given below.
Position Title: Knowledge Management, Monitoring, Evaluation & Research (KMMER) Director
Reports to: Country Representative, EngenderHealth-Ethiopia
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Working under the supervision of the Country Representative, the KM/ME&R Director leads an EngenderHealth Ethiopia -wide knowledge management, monitoring, evaluation and research (KM/ME&R) systems. S/he develops and implements the KM/ME&R plan to ensure that Programs and projects are performed as planned to bring about the desired impact through monitoring, evaluation, research and documenting lessons learnt. The Director works with KM/ME&R team (HQ and country based), Deputy Country Representative, Technical and field based teams to ensure that high-quality KM/ME&R practices are included in country-based activities and work plans, that indicators and KM/ME&R plans conform to EngenderHealth and donor standards and protocols, and that evidence, lessons learned and best practices are appropriately captured, documented, and disseminated with multiple constituencies through strategic communication channels. S/he will participate actively in defining EngenderHealth Ethiopia’s research agendas and lead the design and implementation of research studies and assessments.
The KM/ME&R Director is expected to support the Access to Better Reproductive Health (ABRI). However, the portfolio of program activities assigned can be modified at any time to best support the organization’s needs.
1) Management and Capacity Building
- Provide KM/ME&R leadership and support for implementation of the EH-Ethiopia Country Strategy and Implementation Plan;
- Serve as senior management member of the EH_Ethiopia country program and manage KM/ME&R staff under EH-Ethiopia program/projects;
- Develop KM/ME&R technical capacity of staff across all EH-Ethiopia projects, Sub grantees and government partners and coordinate regular KM/ME&R backstopping support;
- Manage a pool of KM/ME&R staff to participate in the development of proposals and review and verify KM/ME&R components of all proposals;
- Collaborate with Technical/Program Staff on the development of annual work plans for all EH-Ethiopia Projects, ensuring KM/ME&R activities/studies are included and budgeted for in all Projects;
- Serve as the senior EH-Ethiopia KM/ME&R representative in various fora, including technical working groups and task forces;
- Identify needs for and coordinate KM/ME&R technical assistance from EH head quarter, consultants or other institutions.
2) Knowledge Management
- Identify, prioritize and present issues of strategic importance on KM to EngenderHealth Ethiopia program/technical and field staff;
- Lead the development and/or implementation of knowledge management plans and liaise with HQ KM, technical, and communications staff to support the development of knowledge products;
- Work with other EH-Ethiopia and EH/HQ staff to document lessons learned and success stories, including publication of technical briefs and other products
- Oversee and assisting the IT/Database manager in maintenance and organization of the shared drives on the office network and ensure it is user-friendly and staff are oriented on how to use the platform.
- Leverage effective processes, systems and tools to share knowledge within EngenderHealth and between with donors, partners and other stakeholders;
- Provide leadership and coordinate with KM/ME&R, program/technical and field program staff to identify and package articles for quarterly and semi-annual highlights for stakeholders.
3) Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide technical review and approval for M&E plans for all EH-Ethiopia Projects, ensuring that they adhere to organizational reporting and donor requirements;
- In collaboration with local M&E advisor, IT and database manager and technical/programs teams, ensure the development and maintenance of quality databases for all EH-Ethiopia Projects;
- In collaboration with M&E advisor and programs staff, ensure accurate data is regularly entered into organizational/project databases including DHIS-2;
- Design a mechanism and support Program Mangers to improve the use of data for decision making;
- Oversee timely analysis and provision of timely data to monitoring progress and timely realization pf organizational/project deliverables;
- Oversee and provide the necessary leadership for routine evaluation activities of projects and EH-Ethiopia supported programs;
- Provide technical and ethical input, review and sign off for study protocols for all EH-Ethiopia Projects prior to submission to EH-Ethiopia Country representative and EngenderHealth/HQ;
- Oversee local IRB submissions for all study protocols in accordance with local laws and regulations;
- Lead the design and implementation of research and evaluation studies for key interventions/initiatives.
- Develop or oversee production of journal articles and products from studies.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly, quarterly and annual EngenderHealth/HQ indicator reporting for all EH-Ethiopia Projects;
- In collaboration with technical/programs staff, ensure timely preparation and submission of quality donor and government reports for all EH-Ethiopia Projects.
- Encourage good practice by promoting and championing the child protection policy and procedures and respond appropriately to disclosures or concerns which relate to the well-being of a child or vulnerable person
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree and above in public health, demography, social studies or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in applying KM/ME&R to international/national reproductive health projects, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory/management capacity.
- Experience with development of knowledge management strategies, and approaches/tools, especially in public health, strongly desired.
- Experience in overseeing the development and implementation of M&E work plans, donor reports, and M&E activities including program monitoring and use of data for decision-making.
- Experience in the design, implementation and reporting of research and evaluation studies (qualitative and quantitative)
- A successful record of accomplishment in supporting proposal development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent computer skills, with knowledge of necessary analytic software applications (quantitative and qualitative, such as Stata, SPSS, Nvivo, and Atlas.ti)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and demands, establish priorities and work effectively in a deadline driven environment; accuracy and attention to detail in the performance of duties is of critical importance.
- Outstanding ability to interact with experts and collaborators across multiple disciplines, program areas, and cultures with exceptional ability to lead, mentor and support teams.
- Exceptional analytical skills, interpersonal, teamwork, and partnering skills.
- Ability to tailor data collection approaches to local needs, interests, and capabilities.
- Ability to convey ME&R results to non-technical stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and oral English required
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
REQUIRED LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Communication - Articulates and presents written and spoken ideas, opinions and information in a clear, concise, structured and convincing manner for the intended audience. Maintains timeliness. Seeks and welcomes feedback and establishes credibility.
- Deciding and Initiating Action - Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; develops and implements policies, processes and procedures. Takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choice or considered risks.
- External Awareness - Understands and keeps up-to-date on local, national and international developments that affect the organization and shape stakeholders’ views. Is aware of the organization’s impact on the external environment.
- Building Trust/Teamwork - Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization. Treats people with dignity and respect, giving proper credit to others; stands up for deserving others, even in the face of resistance.
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively safeguarding children and vulnerable populations.
How to Apply
Well-qualified and interested candidates can send your application along with their resume through EngenderHealth career web site: WWW.engenderhealth.org
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the position
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws
EngenderHealth is committed to ensuring that its activities do not put vulnerable populations and children at risk and will put measures into place to mitigate this risk.
See Job Detail or Apply