Hygiene Promotion Assistant
Job Title: Hygiene Promotion Assistant
Sector: Environmental Health
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Jinka, Ethiopia
The Position mainly involves undertaking rapid implementing Emergency Sanitation and hygiene promotion and capacity building interventions in Hawassa field office intervention waredas.
- In collaboration with other team members, the SHP assistant undertakes detail Hygiene and Sanitation need assessments.
- Assist the HP officer in preparing of IEC Materials and monitor the distribution of IEC materials to be used at community level.
- Ensure the proper dissemination of hygiene and sanitation messages to the community at grass root level.
- Organize community level hygiene awareness campaigns and prevention of Cholera.
- Organize training for community representatives on Hygiene and sanitation and Cholera control.
- Plan and ensure the proper distribution of Non-Food Items.
- Works closely with Woreda Water and Health Offices towards efficient and effective implementation of the response and emergency hygiene promotion activities
- Works in collaboration with other IRC staff, government partners & key stakeholder and Ensure proper integration of the interventions.
- Produces activity progress reports as per the preset reporting schedule and submit to the supervisor.
- Prepare brief emergency related monthly updates and submit to the supervisor.
- Closely work with kebele HEWs and woreda water offices for basic emergency hygiene promotion activities
- Work on building of the capacity of woreda partners and HEWs on WASH emergency promotion, NFI distributions and other health educations
- Plan and conduct different hygiene & sanitation promotion and health educations on different community meetings by using different hygiene promotion approaches
- Conduct regular post distribution monitoring and periodic post distribution survey of the NFI at household level
- Conduct different review meetings with woreda partners, HEWs and community representatives on progress of the hygiene promotion activities and beneficiary compliance and feedback management systems
- Takes additional works as assigned by supervisor.
- BSc Degree/Diploma in Environmental Health, public Health
- At least 3 years of related work experience for Diploma Holders, and 1-year relevant experience for first degree.
- Hygiene promotion experience in local community settings.
- Basic computer skill (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail).
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Good command spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of the local language is an advantageous.
See Job Detail or Apply