Job Title: HR/Admin Officer
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Shire, Ethiopia
Position: HR/Admin Officer.
Number required: 1(One)
Location: Shire, Tigray region
Length of Employment – Definite
Salary & benefits – Negotiable based on the candidate’s qualification with 20% of hardship allowance
Posting Date – March 5, 2020
Closing Date – March 14, 2020
Job Code: SFO/024
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, providing relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. IRC has worked for over eight decades in the world addressing both the immediate, lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in an emergency and the reconstruction needs in post-conflict societies. The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and thorough accountability to those we serve.
SCOPE OF WORK/ JOB PURPOSE:
Under the supervision of the Senior HR/Admin Officer, the HR/Admin Officer provides general administrative and human resources management activities. The position is senior-level management support with key responsibility on human resources management and administrative activities. The position holder is also expected to have consistent communication with IRC staff, partners and other clients of the organization. He/ She will be responsible for the supervision and support of local recruitment processes, travel arrangements, filing, and documentation systems, workshops/meetings to be conducted at the field office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Human Resources Management:
· Maintains a thorough knowledge of personnel policies and respond to questions for staff.
· Conducts recruitment processes according to the position segregation set.
· Checks references for selected applicants as per the segregation among the staff of the department.
· Ensures that Employee Data is kept confidential and reports are handled securely in accordance with HR policy.
· Assists the HR/Admin manager to organize a workforce planning session with sector heads annually and facilitate the implementation of the strategic talent acquisition throughout the recruitment and selection process.
· Prepares Employment Contract for employees hired locally and at Addis level (national staff) and makes sure that any new staff has signed all the mandatory reporting policies and THE IRC WAY.
· Ensures that all personnel forms required are complete and files are opened with all the necessary documents for newly-employed staff.
· Prepares monthly OT summary sheet, payroll, back payments and severance for National staff and submit to the field finance for review and then finally sends it to Addis HR.
· Ensures the collection of time and effort sheet reporting in the field and check for its submission to Addis HR according to the schedule.
· Ensures the submission of medical expense claims of National Staff to the IRC Addis and follows up on the collection of timely refunds.
· Provides technical supervision and support to camp and field office based HR/Admin assistants.
· Ensures that the IRC contact sheet is being updated quarterly and sent to Addis.
· Plays assistance role on Provision of trainings on performance management Program and assist employees in setting performance objectives
· Provides HR and administrative support on a regular basis to the staff.
· Performs any additional tasks as assigned to him by his/her supervisor.
· Weekly Recruitment update report.
· Completed time and effort sheet report.
· Timely Payroll and payroll adjustments reports etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
· MA/BA degree in Human Resource Management, Management, or Public Administration.
· 2 years of relevant experience for Masters holders and 3 years of relevant experience with the first degree. (all work experiences should be progressive)
· Law background is a plus
· NGO experience is a plus.
· Computer literate especially word and excel.
· Supervisory skills.
· Good knowledge of spoken and written English language.
· Good communication and interpersonal skill.
· Knowledge of HR Information system.
How to apply:
Not allowed to apply in person or through post offices
· Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent and current address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees by including the format below in your application.
See Job Detail or Apply