Grants Finance Officer
The five-year READ II project, funded by USAID, will boost the quality of literacy instruction and student support, reaching out to children at risk of failure and dropout caused by cognitive, emotional and physical effects of hunger, violence, and displacement. READ II seeks to better equip teachers with effective early grade reading instruction techniques and materials in seven mother-tongue languages and English, while simultaneously building a culture of reading in the school, home and community.
The Grants Finance Officer will be responsible to ensure grantees’ financial compliance to set policies, procedures and systems in the management of funds granted to them from READ II. S/he will ensure utilization of funds as per the budget and agreed upon flexibility provisions, existence of pertinent and adequate documentation/filing system and maintenance of accurate, reliable and up-to-date records on advances to grantees and their spending.
Duty Station: READ II Central Office (Addis Ababa)
Required Number: One
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants Finance Officer reports to Director of Finance.
· Perform review of financial reports and reimbursement requests of grantees considering set policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Provide feedback to grantees, follow up for their timely response addressing issues and concerns.
· Facilitate advance disbursements and reimbursement to grantees fulfilling all necessary internal procedures.
· Maintain budget versus actual tracker for each grantee and provide management with report of any issues associated to budget and spending trends.
· Maintain advance disbursement and settlement tracker per grantee
· Facilitate necessary accounting work to record approved advance disbursements to and actual expenditures of grantees.
· Facilitate submission of VAT Refund Claim Reports of grantees to USAID.
· Scan and upload supporting documents to grantees financial report
· Perform field work to conduct financial monitoring on activities of grantees.
· Other duties as assigned
- Job Requirements:
· At least BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or related fields
· Must have at least five years of related work experience
· Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred
· Advanced knowledge of Spoken and Written English highly desired, Medium level required
· Working skills and knowledge on financial management software
· Excellent skills in Excel and similar applications
- How To Apply:
Creative invites eligible candidates to submit their applications via email@example.com on or before April 13, 2020. Please make sure to indicate the JOB TITLE in the subject line of your email. Applications should consist of a one-page cover letter and updated curriculum vitae a maximum of three pages with 3 professional references, the persons’ telephone number & email address.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
See Job Detail or Apply