The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive, recover, and rebuild their lives. The IRC has been working in Ethiopia for over 19 years implementing emergency and resilience programming in the areas of WASH, education, livelihoods, reproductive health, gender-based violence, and child and youth protection and development.
The IRC started its humanitarian intervention in BGRS in 2002GC. Over the past years it has implemented various Emergency Rapid Response and development projects benefiting both host communities and refugees. Currently the IRC Assosa Field Office, under its refugee interventions and host communities, is undertaking a comprehensive WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), Health and gender-based violence/community wellbeing initiation projects to contribute to efforts to enhance the living conditions and wellbeing of population of refugee camps and the host communities of BGRS.
Under the direct supervision of Finance Officer, the Finance Intern is responsible to handle the following essential responsibilities:
* Maintain all financial records, formats and other incoming and outgoing letters
* Perform financial duties in line with IRC program, personnel and finance regulation
* Coding all the transaction properly on the finance vouchers as per approved PR
* Replace the finance Assistant in his/her absence
* Keep filing systems in which documents could be readily available and easily traced
* Follow the arrival and the return of PR’s and payments to and from camps and act timely to avoid dalliance
* Smoothly communicate with supply chain, HR and program staffs and show maximum restraint in difficult cases
* Give strong attention and accuracy if you are assigned to handle cash or other equivalent.
* Timely settle his outstanding cash in office of you authorized to handles temporarily
* Travel to project sites to effect any approved payments.
* Each month stamp original documents “PAID or RECEIVED” before sending to Addis
* Retain photocopies of original document sent to Addis each month
* University degree or diploma in Accounting, Accounting & Finance or related field of studies
* Fresh Graduate or 0 year of experience
Skills and Abilities
- Computer literate especially word and excel.
- Excellent communication skill as well as e-mail communication skill.
- Fast learner
- Strong desire to grow professionally
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent language skill (in English and Amharic both speaking & writing.)
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Energetic and able to grasp new ideas.
How to Apply
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
- Only Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply to the positions.
Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?
If answer is “yes”, give the following information: YES NO
NAME Relationship Position Office/field office
- Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: P. o box- 249 Assosa
- Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
- Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
See Job Detail or Apply