Background Information - Job-specific
UNOPS and the ECA have partnered together to deliver on a project that will put in place the critical business systems and services to enable the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) to go beyond its current regular operations and effectively deliver on its Business Plan mandate of becoming Africa’s premier think tank. Five specific outcomes are foreseen, which are the results of the implementation plans of four corporate strategies introduced for communications, publications, knowledge management and ICT for Development. When attained, the outcomes will result in a sustainable increase in the visibility and impact of the organization’s work in the areas of policy research and knowledge delivery. This recruitment initiative is carried out by UNOPS in support of ECA’s Public Information and Knowledge Management Division (PIKMD) strategic intent. It is with this objective that UNOPS advertises these opportunities in partnership with ECA.
Finance and Budget Section (FBS)
- Review of asset lists and checks all updates on the asset history sheet
- Follow-up with SCMS team the acquisition of items periodically
- Follow-up with the disposal team on the disposal process
- Monthly review of the AUC transactions and submit findings to Senior Asset Accountant for the monthly settlement
- Follow up on the rental billing with the asset accountant and FMS’ real estate team
- Prepare memo and timely submission of invoices to the tenants
- Follow up on the timely settlement of rental bills
- Prepare summary report regarding the billing and settlement status of rental bills
- Work closely with the asset accountant and other property team members in ECA
- Clean-up of the asset reports based on the different BI reports for asset and inventory
- Follow up on the physical count exercise with SCMS team during inventory counts
- Support the asset accountant in the reconciliation of asset record and physical count
- Support the debt collection team in collecting the receivable from staff/ clients on time
- Consolidate the monthly dashboard review process and follow-up on the progress
- Prepare the receivable status report to be included in the monthly management report
- Assist in the year-end closure of accounts
- Contribute on the monthly financial management reports
- Perform any other job as assigned
Conference Management Section (CMS)
- Timely billing and clearing of conference-related AR
- Monitors CMS related payments with the Finance and Budget Section
- Prepares travel claims and other related payment vouchers
- Prepares price quotations of room rentals, overtime costs, equipment rental, service charge and administrative charge for few external clients as well as internal clients
- Prepares sales orders once the quotation is confirmed and follows-up approval by the service provider's Section
- Advises Finance/Accounts Unit on the approval of sales orders and requests for invoices to be sent to clients for advance deposits
- Prepares final invoices by gathering information from service provider Sections/ Units (SSS, FMS, ITUSS etc.) and prepares invoices for Divisions in the organization
- Initiates Business Partner (BP) Number creation by completing the required form for onward transmission to the Procurement Unit
- Follows-up on advance deposits and informs all relevant offices
- Assists in the clearing of deposits made to the Center by liaising with the organization Finance and Budget Section
Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional technical training in relevant field, e.g. accounting, finance is desirable.
A minimum of five years of experience in finance, accounting, administrative services or related area is required. Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as SAP is an asset. Experience in preparing Management Report for Senior Management Teams, experience in asset accounting, billing and cost recovery and Accounts Receivable follow-up and collection are also assets.
Languages and other Desirable Skills
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Interpersonal and communication skills is an asset.
Microsoft Office, Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Outlook 360, ERP/SAP are all required.
See Job Detail or Apply