Youth Skills Training Specialist - Mekele
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. The organization started its humanitarian work with the opening of its first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. The organization has been providing life-saving provisions such as food, water and health services for a very significant number of children devastated by severe drought and the subsequent famine.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia aspires that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Youth Skills Training Specialist who will be responsible for the overall Employability and Entrepreneurship Skills Development components of the Innovative Training Partnership for More Employment Project with the Project Coordinator.
What we provide...
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!!
As a Youth Skills Training Specialist, you will be in charge of the following:
- Formulating selection criteria for service recipients (youth, women), in consultation with project partners and project team members in the location of intervention
- Implementing entrepreneurship trainings and providing support for establishing businesses.
- Discovering and engaging with available networks of youth support systems, networks and organizations in the project location for the planning and implementation of project activities;
- Developing and assisting in the measurement of youth skills development indicators, and supporting efforts to increase the impact of program activities
- Developing and implementing a learning agenda that promotes collaboration, learning and adaption of the Positive Youth Development (PYD) approaches.
- Developing ToR for the projects as per the need
- Leading the design and implementation of a training curriculum and handbook to promote entrepreneurship in training institutions.
- Analysing the capacity of the partnering training institutions
- Facilitating individual and group based Pre and post need, based Employment Training Services to the project targeted young persons.
- Providing consumer support and skills training for future employment.
- Assisting the youth in identifying other community resources that may support vocational or other related goals.
- Providing information to youth with gender and disabilities on gender/disability-related topics
- Assisting individuals in identifying other community resources that may support vocational or other related goals.
- Discovering and engaging with available networks of youth support systems, networks and organizations in the project location for the planning and implementation of project activities.
- Facilitating training to parents and young persons on their rights and providing consumer advocacy skills training for and during the Youth Development Plan (YDP) meetings.
- Participating in community outreach and community education activities
- Recruiting or engaging individual consumers to attend advocacy events.
- Ensuring that required paperwork and documentation is up to date and maintained according to the organizations guidelines for record keeping and reporting purposes.
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- BA/BSc in Entrepreneurship, education, curriculum, and related field of studies
- Minimum of 3 years’ previous experience in youth care & development, education
- Work experience in education, social work or community development
- Work experience in designing curriculum and training materials for young people
- Commitment to the principles of inclusive approaches to programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status;
- Understanding of National youth policy and employability
- Record of accomplishment in facilitating trainings
- Understanding and hands-on experience working on gender inclusive projects
- Experiences working with the target group i.e. Youth,
- Proven track record in employability skills development in projects of similar nature, preferably in international development organizations on the following themes:
- Training facilitation skills
- Entrepreneurship/private sector development;
- Inclusive business/market-based models;
- Multiple stakeholder facilitation, public private partnerships;
- Innovative solutions (digital, circular economy);
- Demonstrated experience in managing capacity building programmes with a background in training
- Proactive and entrepreneurial attitude;
- Understanding of basic computer applications
- Excellent networking skills;
- Excellent (writing and oral) communication skills, reporting and presentation skills;
- Ability, to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Excited to take on a new Adventure...….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
"Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people."
See Job Detail or Apply