Direct supervision and support are received from the Head of the relevant functional unit. The incumbent will also refer to technical manuals and UNHCR instructions concerning telecom operations.
- Distributes incoming cables, messages, and other communication in accordance with established instructions;
- Ensures that all communications handed to him/her for transmission are properly prepared and authorized and promptly transmitted;
- Selects the most efficient and economic means for the transmission of messages, taking into consideration the nature and priority of communications to be transmitted;
- Maintains a station log where all occurrences related to the operation of the telecommunication equipment are entered;
- Ensures that no unauthorised communications are exchanged on the network;
- Ensures that all the equipment placed under his/her responsibility is maintained in good working condition;
- Assists new staff members in the proper operation of telecommunication equipment;
- May performs secretarial functions, such as handling paperwork on routine, matters, arranges appointment/meetings both internally and externally, screening telephone calls, types a wide variety of materials from drafts, printed text, using a word processor.
- May assist in making Travel arrangements.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed Secondary Education with a training or Certificate in radio/telecommunications.
- 2 years previous job experience
- 2 years experience relevant to the function
- English language is essential for the work of the post.
- Another UN language and good knowledge of the local language an asset.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Sound knowledge and practice of Secretarial functions
- Good Communication skills
- Good computer skills.
- Completed Protection Learning Programme.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
This vacancy is open for qualified Ethiopians and Non-Ethiopians with a valid work permit from Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Applicants who wish to be considered for this position should send a motivation letter, the most recent factsheet and the new updated P11 Form through the online application system.
Candidates will be required to sit for a test.
Due to the volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Former UNHCR General Service staff members, having held an Indefinite or FTA appointment for an uninterrupted period of at least one year may apply for internally advertised vacancies at their previous grade or equivalent or one grade above, if the seniority requirements are met, for a period of two years following separation.
REFUGEES – WHO CARES? WE DO.
See Job Detail or Apply