Under the administrative supervision of the MSIE Programs Manager, SRH Officer performs Tuba ligation and Vasectomy Procedures; provides SRH services to clients in accordance with accepted standard medical practices and professional code of conduct at MSIE Centre, PFS, FFW and Blue Star clinics; provides trainings SRH services and monitors the progress in the centres where the services are provided.
JOB DUTIES/ TASKS
- Examines in and out patients /clients in line with standard medical procedures using various types of diagnostic mechanisms.
- Prescribes drugs based on physical and Laboratory analysis of examination, test reports and findings and counselling services.
- Performs Permanent methods of family planning and other procedures, after undertaking the provision of the information and the required training programme;
- Puts the interest of clients/patients above all other considerations and ensures the confidentiality of all cases;
- Ensures the maintenance of a high level standard consistent with available resources;
- Performs Tuba ligation and Vasectomy Procedures;
- Prepares and submits reports, as deemed necessary;
- Participates in training programmes, as and when deemed necessary;
- Initiates or collaborates in research undertakings;
- Gives specialist advice to the Public Facility, MSIE Field Manager and Blue Star clinics on any possible action for quality care improvement from which the Centre, PFS and Blue Stars may benefit;
- Undertakes any other related duties that may be assigned to him / her by supervisor.
Quality Assurance Responsibilities
- Identify training needs within teams and, in consultation with the clinical training manager and arrange for appropriate trainings and induction
- Ensure that all clinical staffs are competency assessed annually for every service they provide and ensure that clinical staffs providing service independently are at level 1 competency and track clinical competency & training continuously
- Ensure action plans related to Internal QTA, External QTA, incidents, supportive supervision, and team meeting are timely completed
- Ensure Clinical Record audit is conducted to centres & outreach on monthly basis
- Ensure implementation of client centred care initiatives, collection of client feedback and use of feedback to define and implement interventions
- Ensure incidents are timely reported and adhere to incident management system with a no blame, learning culture
- Ensure medical supplies and equipment used comply with MSI policy on product quality
- Ensure documentation of client care follows clinical policies and guidelines
- Ensure availability of all relevant MSI policies and guidelines at each service delivery site
- Participate in each quarterly MAT (medical advisory team) meeting
- Ensure internal audit is conducted to all service delivery sites once per year
- Ensure each centre/outreach team conduct monthly staff meeting as per the recommended ToR
BSc in Public Health and Special training on Tuba ligation and Vasectomy
Two Years as SRH Junior SRH Officer
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Awareness of MOH and donors’ guidelines
- Conscious of government, MSI and MSIE regulations
- Awareness of concepts and strategies of quality care
- Attendance of MSIE Pre-service training
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: MSIE Gambela Program Office
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSIE STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
See Job Detail or Apply