Senior Training Advisor
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Barbaricum
See Job Detail or Apply
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
In support of a contract with the Department of State, Bureau of Political Military Affairs – Global Peace Operation Initiative (GPOI), this position would provide support the U.S. as it seeks to build the capacity of the Ethiopia National Defense Force (ENDF) to self-sufficiently deploy and sustain well-trained, operationally ready peacekeeping forces.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct capability assessments and gap analyses of pre-deployment training, focusing on curriculum quality, delivery quality, cadre stability, and quality of training support.
- Coordinate with ENDF leadership to develop and implement a prioritized work plan to update the training curriculum.
- Mentor and advise the ENDF’s planning; conduct peacekeeping training, in accordance with approved work plan.
- Retired U.S. Army or U.S. Marine Corps land forces O-5 or above, with combat arms background.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience serving on a military service component staff (e.g., G-1, G-3, G-4, G-5 or G-8 or service equivalent)
- Minimum two years of experience advising foreign military or government leaders
- Demonstrated experience facilitating organizational change
- Demonstrated facilitation and consensus building skills
- U.S. citizen
- Previous experience in force generation and training for peace operations is preferred
- Previous experience in the country or region
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.
See Job Detail or Apply