Senior Database Administrator
- Job Requirements:
- Educational Qualification
B.Sc. or Above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or relevant field of study and 4 years of related experience.
Work Experience and Description of Duties
- Strong database administration (Performance tuning, Backup and Recovery) skills in Oracle 11g and/or 12c on Linux based environment.
- Have experience in a grid or RAC environment.
- Ability to install, backup, restore, monitor, plan capacity, replicate, design, and troubleshoot an oracle database.
- Configures and maintains database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance.
- Managing tools for providing early warning and alerts, and monitoring system capacity utilization and taking proactive steps to avoid over utilization.
- Experience with Oracle tools such as OEM, RMAN and ability to analyze diagnostic results.
- Have good skills and experience in writing task scripting, schedule jobs
- Conduct quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data are in practice
- Conducts proactive maintenance of IT infrastructure with minimal supervision including maintaining high level of systems availability, monitoring systems performance and reliability to mitigate outages and system interruptions.
- Works closely with other personnel to understand and implement application requirements, server/network/storage tuning, and configuration changes.
- Consults in design of new applications and services to ensure they can be support by the infrastructure.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical issues, conduct root cause analysis, and demonstrate consistent level of accuracy with basic problem resolution.
- Responds to and resolve assigned client requests.
- At times when required, must be able to cross-train and perform other server and database functions.
- Have hands on experience on Oracle Weblogic
- Certifications in Oracle database systems and/or Oracle Weblogic is advantageous.
- A hand on experience on RedHat Linux or Linux based environment is required.
- Knowledge of electronic payment and bank industry is advantageous.
- Have good communication skill and strong team player habit.
- Willing to work additional hours as per business need.
- How To Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their application along with non-returnable CVs and copies of relevant credentials within 10 working days of this vacancy announcement to:
Premiere Switch Solutions S. Co.
Awash Tower, 7th Floor
Near Bedlu Bldg.
P.O. Box 14805, Addis Ababa
See Job Detail or Apply