Roving Finance Officer
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The five-year READ II project, funded by USAID, will boost the quality of literacy instruction and student support, reaching out to children at risk of failure and dropout caused by cognitive, emotional and physical effects of hunger, violence, and displacement. READ II seeks to better equip teachers with effective early grade reading instruction techniques and materials in seven mother-tongue languages and English, while simultaneously building a culture of reading in the school, home and community.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, maintaining filling system and documentation in adherence to appropriate accounting control procedures.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Roving Finance Officer will report to the Director of Finance.
- Ensure that payment request documents are duly filled out and signed by the appropriate persons with the necessary and required supporting documents attached in compliance with all CAII procedures and policies, donor requirements as well as the law of the country.
- Responsible for maintaining well organized filling systems for finance files and records and assist in retrieval of financial documentation whenever necessary.
- Ensure scanning and uploading of finance back up documents to SharePoint in a timely manner.
- Serve as short term replacement for Regional Finance Coordinator or Regional Finance Officer when any of them are away from office for some reason.
- Travel to the field and provide finance support to regional offices when it is found necessary especially when large volume of activities are carried out.
- Based at main office, serve as finance backstop to READ II regional finance team.
- Assist in the training, workshops, and meetings specifically handling of cash payments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in accounting.
- Must have at least five years of general work experience.
- Must have experience of working in International Development organization.
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Must have experience of working in accounting application software and solid skills in MS Excel application.
- Advanced knowledge of Spoken and Written English highly desired.
How to Apply
Creative invites eligible candidates to submit their applications via email@example.com on or before March 28, 2020. Please make sure to indicate the JOB TITLE you’re applying for in the subject line of your email. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications should consist of a one-page cover letter and updated curriculum vitae a maximum of three pages with 3 professional references, the persons’ telephone number & email address.
See Job Detail or Apply