Under the general guidance of the Programs Director (PD), the Project Officer is responsible for managing all of the day to day project activities associated with the successful implementation of Glimmer’s ICDP model in the Libo Kemkem district of Amhara region over a multi-year timeframe. This includes the facilitation of project plans and designs, and the supervision and monitoring of the entire implementation processes in partnership with our local development partners. The program will include livelihood activities, education, health and water supply, sanitation and hygiene (WaSH), and is comprised of both construction and software activities.
The Project Officer ensures that the program is designed and implemented within the Glimmer Standards around project quality, budget and implementation time frame. This requires close follow up with the partners and other stakeholders to ensure timely submission of proposals, progress and completion reports and other required information by the partners. He/she is responsible for ensuring active community and other stakeholders’ participation during all project cycles and awareness on project ownership amongst the community and the lower government bodies (Woreda and Kebele). He/she is also required to monitor all trainings and capacity building activities to make sure that the community and the government have acquired the required knowledge, capacity and sense of ownership to maximize utilization of the projects after project hand over.
The Project Officer reports vertically to the Programs Director. The Programs Director will oversee the program at higher levels such as communications with government and other key stakeholders, joint program reviews and monitoring, and the like.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mamange programs and projects and communicate with partners’ and government staff as well as with communities regarding program implementation
- Review proposals, monthly progress reports, mid-term reports, completion reports submitted by implementing partners and handles Project Grant Agreements, and other internal documentation and ensure all deliverables meet Glimmer Standards;
- Provide technical support to partners during all phases of program implementation: planning, site identification, feasibility study and design, implementation and monitoring of projects ;
- Provide support to partners programs team on digital data collection;
- Supervise tendering procurement’s carried out by partners with contractors and consultants; review and give feedback on bid evaluation reports, project agreements, evaluate procurement plans against Glimmer Standards, capacitate partners on best contractual practices.
- Oversee and evaluate the trainings and other software activities included in the programs to achieve maximum effectiveness.
- Facilitate, supervise and manage projects in collaboration with implementing partners, government stakeholders and the community;
- Monitor implementation timeline and update it regularly to ensure that the progress of the works is in line with the initial schedule;
- Assess the potential risks of specific projects, document risks for management and develop and implement a risk mitigation plan;
- Conduct technical audit of program area projects and data verification and of all partner reports;
- Gathers required data for Year in Review reports and sends finalized report to partners;
- Collect data from partners, from project areas and other appropriate sources that is helpful to determine whether the progress of the program is on track to meet the intended objectives
- Collect primary and secondary data related to program implementation, and document, update and analyze it regularly. Collect also stories from projects and beneficiaries;
- Compiles monthly data reports for each program area and sends to MERL officer;
- Maintain and build good work relationships with partners and other stakeholders;
- Facilitate planning for, and accompany donors and Glimmer Austin staff on, visits to projects;
- Participate in periodic evaluations and impact assessment studies of Glimmer projects;
- Participate in Donor kickoff meeting between Austin/Addis
- Work with MERL Officer to develop and monitor program area M&E plan
- Perform other duties given by the office
The minimum required academic, professional skills and experience for the jobholder to perform successfully in his/her position include:
- MSc in Civil Engineering with better understanding and having good experience in project management (project planning, monitoring & evaluation, implementation).
- Or MBA in Economics and related fields with better knowledge of project management and technical aspects of civil works construction management.
- A combination of academic and/or work experiences of civil engineering and monitoring and evaluation fields is more preferable
- Must have knowledge of rural Ethiopian context and be capable of understanding the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work Glimmer performs. This person must be detail-oriented and very proactive. The successful candidate will be outgoing and highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also having a compassionate and kind spirit.
- Six years of relevant professional experience out of which at least three years in NGOs;
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Understanding of the national policies, strategies and programs of agriculture, education, health, water, and cooperative development;
- Ability to facilitate and deliver workshops, meetings and training to partners and other stakeholders;
- Have excellent problem-solving skills
- Have strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Good knowledge of working on Microsoft Office, especially, Excel application to manage spreadsheets during budget preparation and other activities.
- High level written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and in harmony with staff, partners, communities and local government bodies at different levels
Attitude and Values:
- Ability to work with individuals and in a team; develop partnerships and maintain current partner relationships;
- Awareness and commitment to Glimmer core values
- A belief in the potential of all people to succeed if given the right support;
- Efficient multi-tasker who works on own initiative
DUTY STATION : Addis Ababa, with frequent travel to project area
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are invited to send their application to the Finance and Administration Department within 10 consecutive days via:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- P.O.Box: 1448 code 1110 OR Submit in person to the Glimmer Office located at: Megenagna, behind Zefmesh or Marathon Motors, RAHEM Build, 5th floor
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- One-page summary of experience (positions held), qualification & Training;
- Application cover page
- Copies of Credentials
- Original credentials shall be availed upon request
See Job Detail or Apply