Project Manager (Ethiopian Nationals Only)
Project Manager (Ethiopian Nationals Only)
VIS-Volontariato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo is an International NGO based in Rome, Italy and accredited by Charities and Societies Agency of Ethiopia as a Foreign Charity
VIS Ethiopia is seeking a candidate for the post of Project Manager. The project manager will be working in the project: "Enhancing Job Opportunities and Employability for Youth and Women, as project manager of the VIS component of a consortium project."
Job Title: Project Manager
Career level: Senior level (10+ years experience)
Number of Post: One (1)
Duty Station: Dilla Town (Dilla Zone) Yirgalem (Dale Zone), Ethiopia
Terms of Employment: 1 year contract with possibility of extension; full time contract with 45 days probation period.
Overall Objective of the project: Enhancing the capacities of the local authorities to proactively support job-seekers to have better access to information on available job opportunities and job placements
Specific Objective of the project:
- The local public-private governance system, including empowered One-Stop-Job-Centres (OSJC), is capacitated to plan, deliver, manage and monitor effective job opportunities for vulnerable youth and women at district, zonal, regional and national levels
- Enabled environment for a strengthened private sector in Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples (SNNP) Regions promoting economic development through better access to finance by SMEs and self-employment opportunities for vulnerable youth and women
- Agriculture Technical Vocational Educational Training (A/TVET) offers are more flexible, demand driven and matches job opportunities facilitating skills development and school to work transition
Implementing Agency : VIS Ethiopia
Source of funding: European Union
Main Responsibilities and specific tasks include but not limited to the following:**
- Ensure the implementation of the project is done in accordance with the terms and conditions specified by the donor;
- Provide support to and collaboration with the Program Officer in all aspect of the project implemention and related partnership issues in the project’s sector;
- Organize weekly and monthly action plans to meet the objectives of the project;
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with local authorities, companies, partners, donors, NGOs (both local and international), and relevant government authorities;
- Conduct regular monitoring visits as per VIS’s standards and donor requirements;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly narrative and financial reports, following the donor guidelines and government requirements for NGO reporting;
- Collect regular detailed progress report with monitoring updates and trends seen in the field from project staff and submit it timely;
- Contribute to revision and updationg of data to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date;
- Facilitate effective communication with VIS regional and main office, partners and stakeholders as required;
- Assist with new feasibily study for scaling up the program if required;
- Maintain smooth coordination and team spirit within the project team.
Logistics and administrative management for the program
- Follow-up the budget application process with partner;
- Prepare the purchase requests and submit them to the administrative department for approval;
- Provide support and advise partner in implementing the project activities and budgets, including procurement;
- Manage and monitor project finance and budget; maintain strong control on budget ensuring spending within available resources and in compliance with the donor’s and VIS’ guidelines;
Essential qualifications, skills and abilities required:
- Relevant academic degree or further qualification in Economics, Development Cooperation/Development Development Studies , Sociology, etc.;
- More than 10 years work-related experience and NGO work experience (in the fields of : Local development, promotion of partnership with private sector, migration, education,) will be considered an asset;
- Previous experience in projects related to Rural Job Creation Strategy, Job Center capacity building, Establishing and coordinating PPP (local authorities, private sectors, OSJCs, Public Employment Services (PES), Developing SMEs business plans, increasing TVETs’ capacities, implementing Work based learning schemes and planning usiness Incubation Centres (BIC) will be considered an asset.
- Experience in project design, monitoring, review and evaluation and the application of this information to programme quality improvements;
- Experience working as responsible for program implemented in joinly with partners /consortium;
- Availability to move from the duty station whenever required during project implemention;
- Excellent personal and public communication and negotiation skills with all types and levels of stakeholders;
- Very good understanding of monitoring, reporting and evaluation processes;
- Ability to take the initiative, multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Very good representation and diplomacy skills;
- Willingness to travel and work long hours when necessary;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and stressful problems;
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written: English, Amaric.
- Application open only to Ethiopian nationals or individuals with proven right to live and work in Ethiopia.
ONLY candidates who meet all the above requirements will be contacted for an interview.
How to apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the criteria are kindly invited to submit their application letter (one page) and updated CV (not more than 3 pages) to email@example.com.
Copies of supporting documents DO NOT have to be attached. They will be asked only to successful candidates.
Closing date: 3 Apr 2020
See Job Detail or Apply