Project Management Support Officer
FUNCTIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Support Officer will be engaged in the overall coordination of the infrastructure and capacity development components of above mentioned projects. The incumbent of post will be responsible for the following specific tasks:
- Ensure smooth implementation of the projects by actively engaging in supporting project services including recruitment, procurement and financial management
- Put in place a communication strategy and establish constructive donor relations, promote donor visibility, and develop new business opportunities to expand UNOPS Sudan services throughout Sudan
- Coordinate the start-up of the project and integration of cross-cutting themes (capacity building, environment, gender equality)
- Support the project teams in stakeholder communication, donor and line ministries of projects as well as public relation matters
- Actively engaged in supporting other Project Support Officers in ensuring smooth implementation of projects
- Develop risk assessment and mitigation measures with input from the project team, and ensure effective risks management procedures are followed
- Put in place and continuously implement solid reporting mechanisms, and produce periodic progress and financial reports
- Actively engaged in the project monitoring and evaluation, using established performance monitoring tools, report on the results, and assist to develop follow up actions if applicable
- Contribute to the initiatives in support of the project sustainability and to realization of the project benefits
- Facilitate information sharing and transfer of knowledge, document lessons learned and beneficiary surveys, and conduct stakeholder workshops
- Maintain archive of project documentation and ensure access to institutional memory and technical information on related components of the project
- Represent the project teams at relevant workshops and consultations
- Prepare and submit a final report detailing outputs and impact of the projects
- Support the Project Manager and the Programme team in any other matter as required.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Effective stakeholder coordination
- Regular briefings on the projects’ activities
- Accurate and timely reporting of the project progress and highlights
- Submission of final report
● A Master degree in Accounting, Political Science, Public Policy, International Relations, Public Administration, Economic, Business Administration, Engineering or other relevant fields is required. Masters degree in the area is an added value. A Bachelor degree combined with years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master degree.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in project coordination and reporting is essential
- Professional experience in an international organization and/or in post-conflict environments/developing countries is desirable
- Experience in proposal writing, projects monitoring and evaluation, and donor liaising is desirable.
- Fluency in English language is required .
- Fluency in Japanese language is required.
- Certification in project management (PMP or Prince 2) is an advantage.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
CONTRACT TYPE, LEVEL AND DURATION
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement Contract level: International ICA 1
Contract duration: Ongoing ICA – ‘Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.’
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
See Job Detail or Apply