Project Finance and Administration Officer
The overall purpose of the project Finance and admin. Officer is to ensure the smooth running of the project office through strong management of cash, stores, vehicle arrangement, and communication and handle financial activities and logistics. The post holder is responsible for the day-to-day general financial and administration of the organization, assisting the Project Coordinator, Project Finance Manager and supporting the staff.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONISBILITES
Key Specific Roles and Responsibilities are:
- Verify pre and post financial transactions at field office level (for completeness, accuracy, availability of budget, ensuring compliances), and submit to Senior Project Finance Officer at CO
- Prepare cash books on time with quality, and submit to the Senior Project Finance Officer
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation on time and with quality, and submit to the FM-CO.
- Liaising with banks for all finance matters
- Follow up on the timely settlement of staff advances by closely working with Senior Finance Officer-CO and report to the CO advances long overdue
- Support the PC/Team Leader at FO in preparing monthly cash forecast & transfer request ensuring accuracy & timeliness
- Review the detail of BMRs together with PC/Team Leader at FO, communicate any adjustments on a timely manner, ensure the availability of budget for any transaction ahead ;and advice the PC/Team Leader at FO on timely utilization of budgets
- Ensure all relevant staff members of field office are informed of donor requirements; and work closely with program and other support functions to ensure compliance
Procurement & Other Support Services
- Responsible for facilitating & handling all procurements of field office
- Handle FO logistic service including movements of vehicles, project inputs and reports to the CO Logistic Manager
- Ensure the timely procurement and distribution of items at field office, keeping all relevant documentation complete and up to date & by closely working with the Technical Team at field office
- Liaison with CO-Procurement Manager & follow up all procurements of the project to be made at CO level or need to get approval from CO
- Support the PC/Team Leader at FO in preparing procurement plan regularly
- Implement a system to ensure efficient use and safety of the project vehicles and equipment, including timely and appropriate maintenance and monitoring of costs
- Follow up, organize all leave and other HR related records and submit to the CO HRM
- Assist in staff recruitment and disciplinary issues
- Ensure a conducive staff working environment
- Manage the operations of the project compound by Liaising with the Leaser of office building
- Perform all other duties as requested by line manager
These essential functions are not to be interpreted as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
REPORTS TO: Project Coordinator and functionally to Senior Project Finance Officer
REPORTING TO POSTHOLDER: Cashier/Accountant, Office Attendant and Driver
LOCATION: Various (field offices)
DURATION & HOURS: Fixed term
Investing in smallholder farming is the number one way to combat poverty in rural Africa. Farm Africa is a leading NGO specialising in growing agriculture, protecting the environment and developing businesses in rural Africa.
EXPERT. Deep expertise and insightful evidence-based solutions are at the heart of everything Farm Africa does.
GROUNDED. Positive change starts with Africa’s people, so our experts work closely with local communities, engaging them in every level of decision-making.
IMPACTFUL. We take a long-term view so we can deliver lasting changes for farmers and their families.
BOLD. We model innovative new approaches and are not afraid to challenge strategies that are failing.
- Job Requirements:
Education, qualifications & other knowledge
- BA or above in Accounting or related fields
- Knowledge of employment legislation in Ethiopia
- Good understanding and firm belief in gender equality and issues in rural communities
- Training on financial application systems such as SUN, Peachtree
- At least four years relevant experience in Finance and Administration role with similar responsibilities in an NGO or private enterprise
- Experience of asset and inventory management
- Previous INGO work experience in rural areas
Skills & abilities
- Skills in budgeting and maintaining accounts
- Computer literacy and experience working with accounting software
- Excellent record keeping and report writing
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good team building skills and the ability to work in a multi partner approach
- Strong analytical, organisational and IT skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision, prioritize tasks and to take initiative
- Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the goals and values of Farm Africa
- Skills in financial application systems
- How To Apply:
Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CV (maximum of 3 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) addressing email@example.com with the subject Project Finance and Admin Officer by March 29, 2020.
Documents cannot be returned and due to large number of applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applications are especially welcomed from female applicants.
See Job Detail or Apply