humedica e. V. is a non-denominational, internationally operating organization based in Kaufbeuren (Bavaria/ Germany). We have other specialists and managers working for us at several locations around the world. The focus of our worldwide engagement is on medical disaster relief.
Since August 2011 humedica operates two health stations in the Ethiopian refugee camps Melkadida and Kobe on the border to Somalia.
Somali Region / Ethiopia
(initially limited to 10 months)
Coordination of the emergency project in the Dollo Ado and Bokolomayo region
- Overall responsibility for the successful implementation of the running project
- Securing the continued operation of two health posts in the refugee camps Melkadida and Kobe and the mobile medical unit for other surrounding refugee camps throughout the project period
- Oversight role and operational responsibilities in project coordination, logistics, finance, HR
- Management of a diverse team of motivated staff in the field office and the two health posts
- Making sure efficient monitoring of activities is taking place and the impact of the project is evaluated on a regular basis
- Monitoring of compliance with requirements of a GFFO-funded project.
- Internal and external reporting
- Development of an intervention strategy for a follow-up project including an exit-strategy catering for the continued service provision after humedica’s pull-out.
- Guaranteeing efficient and transparent communication between field, country office and HQ
- Networking and efficient coordination with all relevant stakeholders in the project region (partners, international stakeholders and Ethiopian authorities)
- Continuous security management
- Delivering products for humedica’s PR-department
- University degree in a relevant field
- Multi-year experience in the humanitarian sector and project management
- Familiarity with finance, logistics and HR
- Highly professional and transparent way of working
- Willingness to live and work in a hardship duty station and an environment with limited security
- Very good spoken and written English language skills
- Team player with outstanding communication skills and intercultural sensitivity
- Very good organizational skills
- Good MS-Office knowledge
- Ethiopian national or proven right to live and work in Ethiopia
You can expect a versatile, demanding and varied job in a committed team and a performance-related salary. The employment relationship is initially limited to ten months with the prospect of extension. In addition, humedica will provide accommodation and meals in the project region. Expected start of work is 1st April 2020.
How to apply:
Have we sparked your interest?
We are looking forward to receiving your application documents, which will make deeds speak for themselves and make us curious. Please provide details of your salary expectations and apply preferably by e-mail. The application deadline is 25nd March 2020.
email@example.com · 0049 8341 – 966 148 0
humedica e. V. · Goldstraße 8 · 87600 Kaufbeuren