Project Coordinator/ M&E
Job Summary: The purpose and role of Project Coordinator/M&E is to ensure effective management and coordination of the Ethiopian Humanitarian Fund (EHF) envisaged to be implemented in Afar Region. This entails will be responsible to coordinate the smooth implementation of emergency response of the project entitled “Emergency Livestock and Crop Intervention (ELACI) in five districts of Afar region” with 50% based in the field. He/ She will closely work with other VSF G field team, partners, government and regional DRM-ATF on the monthly meeting, multi agency assessment, emergency response plan and documentation of lessons learnt.
- Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with project partners, and key stakeholders as well serve as regional level DRM-ATF memebrs
- Coordinate the management of project operational, financial, and administrative priorities; direct the planning and budgeting processes create or adapt management systems in line with VSF Ethiopia standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs
- Build partnerships among international – national- and community-level stakeholders for the benefit of project results
- With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual project activity reports, M&E reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement.
- Represent the project at high-level meetings, conferences, and other forums.
- Guide team members to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Supervise and mentor field staff, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. Clearly communicate expectations for staff performance.
- Ensure project compliance to all contractual requirements including reports (finance and narrative), visibility, etc
- Assist with regular update of the work plan as well as follow up on activities;
- Assist in collection of data for monitoring and evaluation of activities and updating the M&E plan;
- Assist with reporting of programmatic results, these will include weekly/monthly reports to Program Team, Donors, Interim reports, as well as other reports as required;
- Arrange program meetings and attending meetings when necessary and provide reports;
- Facilitate provision of logistics support to international and local consultants; Book accommodation ; Prepare travel advances and review travel expenses and ascertain accuracy prior to payments
- Assist with logistical arrangements for workshop participants and consultants Manage seminar and workshop participants’ database;
- Taking of minutes of program meetings and ensuring distribution to all relevant staff
- University Degree in any of the following: Agriculture, Animal Science/Livestock & Production, Social Sciences, Development Studies or relevant discipline and 8 years of experience in project coordination, M&E, or related work; experience of EHF project is advantages
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in project management, coordination, M &E or related work; NGO experience with UN-OCHA funded project in remote pastoral and agro-pastoral areas will be an asset.
- Proven leadership skills in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of UN-OCHA supported emergency response program with skills in strategic planning and thinking, management, supervision and budgeting, and experience in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
- Demonstrated skills in building and maintaining relationships with governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in managing the required programmatic and financial reporting requirements. Experience with M&E is a plus.
- Previous experience in Afar is a strong advantage.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is required; knowledge of local languages-Afar is a plus.
- Ability to travel within the project areas as required, 50% of work is done at the field level in Afar, and 50% for project coordination will be at Addis Ababa.
- Experience in managing project security in “fragile environments”
Line Manager: Country Program Manger
Place of work: Addis Ababa (50%) and field base in Afar (50%)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit an application letter and CV with 3 names of referees (one of them being their immediate supervisor) with their telephone and e-mail contacts to VSF Germany P.O. Box 2278/1250. Indicate the job Title on the Subject line of your application and on the envelope. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday 13th March, 2020, at 5.00PM. Due to urgency to fill this position, applications will be reviewed as they are received
N/B-Women are encouraged to apply for the position.
See Job Detail or Apply