Project Cashier/ Accountant
Doing the Right Thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, here in Ethiopia.
CARITAS Switzerland (CACH) has been working in Ethiopia for more than 30 years. Currently CACH cooperates with four partners in Ethiopia. Recently, CACH has successfully been registered as an International Non-Government Organisation in Ethiopia and has therefore become operational at project implementation level. CACHs main working fields are in the field of agricultural development and food security, WASH as well as is supporting and implementing emergency and relief operations. Our current working areas are in Tigray, southern and eastern Oromia and in the Somali Region. CACH supports and implements currently ten projects in these regions.
Summary of Duties
Assuming the responsibility for administrative and financial issues at project level for CACH projects in southern Ethiopia. Assuring that the project management reports to the country office timely and in an adequate quality. Supporting the procurement of materials and goods for the CACH field office in the south according to internal and external requirements.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Assurance of administrative, financial and logistical flow at project level;
- Ensure that the field office has a functioning finance and project administration system by the support of the country office;
- Assurance of timely finance reporting in line with donor, internal and government requirements meeting high quality standard;
- Maintain confidentiality of documents at her/his disposal .Handling petty cash and local bank transfers.
- Ensure local and national tax compliance.
What we offer
We offer a responsible position with a wide range of flexibility and a competitive salary package. Duty station will be Adama (East Showa), CACH field office. The candidate must be ready to undertake occasional travels to Addis Abeba, Woreda of Operation and to local partner organisations if requested.
The ideal candidate represents the majority of the below mentioned areas:
- Diploma or above in Accounting from a recognized university/college
- At least three years of progressive experience with International NGOs, local NGOs, and other organizations out of which at least two years in a similar position (Administration and Finance Management).Proven experience in handling petty cash;
- Experience in recording and document organization.
- Experience in logistics and procurement.
- Good command of basic computer skills
- Good team player and honest
- Good communication skill in Amharic & English. Speaking local language is advantageous.
How to Apply
Applicants send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) as PDF. Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered. Deadline for application is March 25, 2020.
Application to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See Job Detail or Apply