People in Need Profile
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
More information at www.peopleinneed.cz or https://ift.tt/2Xis0kf.
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: Procurement officer Procurement Officer is reporting to Procurement Manager is responsible for overall issues of procurement of addis ababa PIN office.
- Distribution of procurement document to the supplier.
- Administrating of purchase requests
- Maintain proper documentation for the department files
- Collection of quotation from suppliers
- Prepare procurement contract with vendors and maintain open lines of communications with those vendors
- Facilitate contract approval on ELO
- Compare product deliveries with issued purchase orders and contact vendors when there are discrepancies
- Share the signed contract to logistics and user department for further delivery process
- Assist to Procurement Manager with market surveys
- Managing Suppliers and Items database regularly
- Archive all procurement related documentation
- Prepare evaluation for quotation
- Co-ordinate with purchase officers for evaluations of proforma’s,contract signature and payments to vendors on time.
- Facilitate field procurements
- Maintain strong working relationships with our vendors
- Coordinate derogation approval in collaboration with HQ
- Assist Procurement manager on tender preparation
- Handle share point updates
- Participate in different meeting by presenting procurement department
- Do all procurement related works and others assigned by the organization
- Bachelor Degree in Procurement& Contract Management, Supply Chain Management or other related social fields of studies
- minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in the sector, from which 2 years on similar position.
- Experience in NGO is advantageous
- Good communication, time management, work under stress and deadlines, and coordination skills.
- Good analytical, team work, negotiation and influencing skills
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked)
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link: https://ift.tt/2WDzDox April 08,2020.
Should any information needed please contact using: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://ift.tt/2Z1WZmb)
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
See Job Detail or Apply