Planning & Reporting Officer
Job Title: Planning & Reporting Officer
Job Location: Assosa with frequent travel to Menge, Homosha and other places with in BGRS, Benishangul Gumuz
The Pharo Foundation (“the Foundation”) is a privately funded entrepreneurial organisation that runs philanthropic programmes as well as for-profit social enterprises. The Vision of the Foundation is an economically vibrant and inclusive Africa. The Mission is to achieve the Vision by investing in the human and physical capital of Africa, with an emphasis on job creation.
Established in 2011 as a UK based non-profit, the Foundation has already carried out more than 30 projects, primarily in Ethiopia and Somaliland. The key themes for the philanthropic side of the Foundation are education, health, water and agriculture. Social enterprises cover all areas where the Foundation feels an effective impact can be made with the aim of sustainability and job creation.
Headquartered in London, the Foundation also has an operational HQ in Nairobi and offices in, Addis Ababa, Assosa and Hargeisa.
Under close supervision and guidance of the program manager and the M&E coordinator, the planning and reporting officer will play a key role in the delivery of the program objectives, its monitoring, evaluation, reporting and knowledge management. S/he also oversees regular project progress reports and will collaborate with sector specialists and program Manager to prepare periodic reports. The position holder is expected to discharge the following key responsibilities:
Program/Project planning and design:
- Analyse and compile programme/project plans submitted by respective project based experts/coordinators and review them against the design documents.
- Facilitate and prepare annual operational plan (AOP) or detail implementation plan (DIP) in alignment with proper template/guidelines.
- Regularly update programme/project ideas working closely with sector specialists and communicate to the management.
- In collaboration with the M&E coordinator, facilitate situational assessment/baseline and other studies in the program or projects impact area.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Support and facilitate the program management in the duty of overseeing and ensuring the execution of the program/projects in accordance with the program M & E framework.
- Guide the proper implementation of projects in the programme or project target area and ensure inter and intra integration of projects activities.
- With the support of the M&E coordinator, ensure and manage all aspects of M&E data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators.
- Lead and engage in monitoring processes with sector specialists, development partners and target programme participants/beneficiaries.
- Ensure the existence of strategic networks with relevant stakeholders and programme target community at large in resolving issues and challenges arising from monitoring.
- Follow up, facilitate, compile and submit regular program/projects progress reports (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and Semi/annual Reports) to the respective government line offices, donor/trustees and other concerned partners.
- Clean, organise and archive the monitoring/reporting data and store data in a safe, secure and accessible location.
- Facilitate monthly program review meeting with program/project team and communicate the results and action points in written form to the management.
Programme/Projects Reflection, Learning and Evaluation:
- In collaboration with the M&E coordinator lead the routine data collection team assigned to gather data that for learning and decision making
- Customize the TORs for researches and short term project evaluations as required
- Facilitate and promote programme reflection and learning with stakeholders to ensure mutual understanding.
- Ensure quality of data collected through periodic verification procedures including routine data quality audits.
Contract type: Permanent
Report to: Program Manager (administrative) and M&E coordinator (Functional)
Education /Experience /Language requirements and other competencies
- A Master’s/ Advanced/ degree in Statistics, M&E, Development Studies/Rural Development, Economics, Agriculture, Sociology and related field.
- A combination of bachelor’s degree with additional 3 years of relevant work experience (8 years in total) may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience related to project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing.
- Experience in international organization/NGOs level is preferred.
Language Requirements and other skills
- Full working knowledge of English and Amharic with good verbal and written communication skills is essential.
- Understanding of program management cycle
- Presentation, communication and facilitation skills.
- Good understanding of monitoring and evaluation tools, as well as skilled in data analysis using computer packages like SPSS, MS-Word, MS-Access, MS-Excel.
- A strong aptitude for organizational change, innovation, learning, team building
- Computer literate (Operate Suite/MS Office, Emails and databases)
- Perform other duties as required.
How to Apply
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV
- A covering letter briefly outlining how you meet the key duties and responsibilities and the required qualities and skills for the position you are applying for (max. 1,000 words).
- A statement briefly summarizing how you would help in improving quality and equity of primary and secondary level education in the context of rural Ethiopia (max. 500 words).
- Your current or last benefit package and expected benefit package for this position.
Applications that do not fully meet the above listed requirements will NOT be assessed.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
See Job Detail or Apply