§ Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or Statistics or another related field
§ At least 5 years of relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation;
Knowledge and Skills
§ Familiarity and experience implementing US government-funded project.
§ Ability to provide leadership, communicate effectively, and promote a team approach to enhance staff commitment to the program’s success.
§ Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills in English and Amharic.
About Amref Health Africa
Founded in 1957 in Nairobi, Kenya, Amref Health Africa is the largest Africa-based international NGO, reaching 35 countries. We work to ensure every African can enjoy the right to health services by helping create vibrant networks of informed communities that work with empowered health care providers in strong health systems. Amref has over half a century of experience in delivering health care and building health systems in Africa, partnering with those at the heart of communities to bring lasting health change.
Amref Health Africa partners with the Government of Ethiopia and local communities to implement diversified health and WASH project portfolios throughout the country, focusing on three key programmatic areas: Reproductive Maternal, Neonatal, Child, Adolescent and Youth Health (RMNCAYH), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and Communicable and Non-Communicable diseases. We implement projects in Addis Ababa, Afar, Amhara, Benishangul-Gumuz, Gambella, Oromia, Somali, SNNP regions and nationwide health systems strengthening interventions focusing on the Health Extension Program.
Amref Health Africa is recruiting a Monitoring and Evaluation Lead to be based in Addis Ababa (Country Office). S/he will report to the Principal Investigator.
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
Reports to: Principal Investigator
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Lead will provide technical leadership and strategic direction for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for the project. This includes providing strategic information on the project’s performance to provide accurate and timely advice to the Principal Investigator. The M&E Lead will also be responsible for generating and documenting evidence for decision-making, Continuous Quality Improvement, (CQI) Data Quality Assessment (DQA), documentation and dissemination of project successes and challenges to CDC and other stakeholders.
· Develop and oversee the implementation of the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) to capture project performance and results.
· Provide leadership and direction for implementation on disease surveillance and reporting.
· Provide overall guidance to the project and District Health Information Management Teams in the development and implementation of M&E plans
· Actively participate in the developing/reviewing of support supervision guidelines, plans and tools for the project in liaison with MoH and other stakeholders.
· Lead all M&E initiatives for assigned project including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and informing staff capacity building initiatives.
· Technical leadership in knowledge management, evaluation of the project as well as operations research.
· Conduct routine field visits to DHTs and facilities to ensure progress and quality of M&E project activities.
· Lead efforts to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
· Ensure high-quality implementation, consistent with MOH and CDC guidelines, protocols, information and reporting systems and engage in the national technical working groups.
· Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances with other CDC projects and represent.
How to apply:
If you would like to join Amref’s team, please quote the position/reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter with remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, through Etrecruitment@amref.org , ethijobs.com or to the Human Resources Department, Amref Health Africa by P.O Box 20855/1000, Addis Ababa.
The closing date for submitting applications is March 20, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Telephone call to the office is strongly forbidden.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.