Market System Development Officer
CAFOD, SCIAF and Trόcaire (CST) represent the official development agencies of the Catholic Church in England and Wales, Scotland and Ireland. In Ethiopia, the three agencies work together to help reduce poverty, promote development and respond to humanitarian emergencies with the Catholic Church as well as local and international NGO partners.
Trócaire (on behalf of CAFOD, SCIAF and Trocaire) is currently looking for competent candidate for the position of Market System Development Officer who will base in CST’s office in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The role will report to Resilient Communities Programme Coordinator.
- Manage and lead the consortium of CST and its partners (CIFA, OPA and F&S) to implement the project entitled “Developing Inclusive and Profitable Dairy Market Systems for Pastoralist Communities in Borena Zone”.
- Confirm the integration of women’s empowerment theory of CST into the project and all activities at different levels
- Good communication skill and knowledge of local languages especially Afaan Oromo
- Project management skill
Job-Specific Competencies Required
- Masters’ degree in rural (agro) economics, value chain development, developmental economics, business administration, agribusiness
- 5 years and above relevant work experience in designing and implementing interventions on market development and value chain analysis, cost-benefit analysis, feasibility studies, context mapping
- Intense talent in conducting business case studies, research & actors analysis
- Understanding & knowledge of the pastoralist context livelihood systems, rangeland management, rehabilitation of natural resources, considerate on food security, livelihood improvement in the context of dryland ecology and early warning and disaster risk reduction strategies
- Acquainted with gender sensitive, youth led interventions and active community participation ideology
- knowledge and skills in conflict transformation and do-no-harm approaches
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their application through https://ift.tt/2vs8p9i 25th March 2020.
Trócaire is an equal opportunities employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to child protection
Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding people within our programmes from Exploitation and Abuse, and has specific policies on this commitment, including a Global Code of Conduct that outlines the expected behaviour and responsibilities of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents. Specific roles may require police/ Garda vetting.
See Job Detail or Apply