Logistics/Maintenance and Technical Advisor
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Barbaricum
See Job Detail or Apply
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
In support of a contract with the Department of State, Bureau of Political Military Affairs – Global Peace Operation Initiative (GPOI), the U.S. seeks to build the capacity of the Ethiopian National Defense Force (ENDF) to self-sufficiently deploy and sustain well-trained, operationally ready peacekeeping forces.
Duties and Responsibilties:
- Conduct inventory of vehicle spare parts and equipment
- Conduct supply management and warehouse operations training
- Conduct technical inspections of vehicles and return all vehicles to fully mission capable status
- Conduct a broader capability assessment and gap analysis of the ENDF’s logistics planning and maintenance capabilities and procedures
- Coordinate with ENDF leadership to develop and implement a prioritized work plan for addressing identified logistics and maintenance shortfalls
- U.S. citizen
- 15 years of cumulative technical and management experience in a maintenance organization supporting military wheeled vehicle operations.
- Experience required on High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWV), Light Medium Tactical Vehicles (LMTV), and Non-Standard Tactical Vehicles (NTV).
- Experience working in a maintenance organization with at least one year supervising individuals performing maintenance tasks or conducting maintenance training consisting of, but not limited to, electrical system repair, exhaust system repair, brake system repair, cooling system repair/service, preventative maintenance, suspension system repair, steering system repair and replacement, troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis.
- Successful completion of professional military education for maintenance management and/or for unit at the intermediate level (e.g., U.S. Army Maintenance Management Course, Maintenance Leaders Course, and Automotive Maintenance Warrant Officer Basic Course or component equivalent).
- Demonstrated capability to effectively conduct classroom instruction, demonstrate maintenance procedures, observe/evaluate student performance of hands-on maintenance tasks, and provide oral/written feedback to the student.
- Previous experience in the country or region.
- Qualification as an Army instructor with experience teaching at the Army Logistics University is preferred.
- Maintenance experience with heavy engineering equipment is desired.
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.
See Job Detail or Apply