Logistics Services Consultant for UNDP SEEDS Project
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the UNDP/SEEDS Senior Logistic Advisor and in close cooperation with the Head of NEBE Logistics, the incumbent will:
- Support NEBE warehouse staff with the implementation plans for storage of electoral materials for different phases of the electoral operation;
- Support NEBE warehouse staff with the implementation of packing and repacking of electoral material for the different phases of the electoral operations;
- Support NEBE with the review of accuracy of distribution and retrieval material for sensitive and non-sensitive electoral material;
- Provide regular updates and draft reports and other documents according to the Project’s reporting framework as well as ad-hoc requirements;
- Translate documents as required to support the logistic plans of NEBE;
- Perform other tasks and duties as requested by the Senior Logistic Advisor and the NEBE head of Logistics
The consultant will work full time, based in Addis Ababa. The consultant will report to the UNDP Senior Logistic Advisor.
The contract is timeline based Individual Consultant Contract and the following deliverables are expected to be achieved during the contract period:
- Provide technical assistance to the implementation of NEBE’s plans for packing and repacking of voter registration materials;
- Review movement plans for voter registration materials;
- Provide technical assistance to the implementation of NEBE’s plans for packing and repacking of candidate registration materials;
- Review movement plans for candidate registration materials;
- Provide technical assistance to the implementation of NEBE’s plans for storage of polling and counting materials;
- Provide technical assistance to the implementation of NEBE’s plans for packing and repacking of polling and counting materials;
- Review movement plans for polling and counting materials;
- Provide technical assistance to the implementation of distribution plans of polling and counting material;
- Provide technical assistance to the implementation of NEBE’s plans for retrieval of polling and counting materials;
- Provide technical assistance for sustainable storage of the election materials;
- Provide technical advice on longer term use of materials and develop protocols for it;
- Strong organizational and administrative skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and record-keeping skills;
- Experience working collaboratively in a team structure in a multicultural environment; and
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and tight deadlines;
- The Individual Consultants shall eemonstrates integrity by Modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the project.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly and without favouritism;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities. Demonstrated ability to multitask under pressure and to meet strict deadlines often under hardship conditions.
Required Skills and Experience
Qualifications of the successful Individual Contractor:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years specialized experience in logistics in the private or public sector.
- Familiarity with the UN in general and UNDP procedures in particular and/or previous experience with the UN is an asset.
- A high level of written and spoken English is essential; report writing skills desirable;
- A high level of written and spoken regional languages is an asset.
Documents to be included when submitting the proposals:
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications. Proposers who shall not submit the below-mentioned documents will not be considered for further evaluation.
- Personal CV or P11 indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
- Confirmation of Interest and Availability: Interest and Availability to perform the task and Financial Proposal must be submitted through a standard template as attached as per Annex 2;
Important Note: Please combine all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload the maximum one document.
Price Proposal and Schedule Of Payments
- Daily Fee – The contractor shall propose a daily fee, which should be inclusive of his professional fee, local communication/transportation cost and insurance (inclusive of medical health insurance). The number of working days for which the daily fee shall be payable under the contract of 174 working days. Payment shall be processed on monthly basis subject to approval of time-sheet and acceptance of service by supervisor.
- UNDP reserves the right to withhold all or a portion of payment if performance is unsatisfactory if work/outputs are incomplete, not delivered or for failure to meet deadlines.
Annexes (click on the hyperlink to access the documents):
- Annex 1 - IC Contract Template (for information);
- Annex 2 – Confirmation of Interest and Availability & Financial Proposal using UNDP Template (https://ift.tt/2f3pLOS)
- Annex 3 – IC General Terms and Conditions (for information);
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
See Job Detail or Apply