The Logistic Officer must ensure that all aspects of a logistics functions, such as purchases, warehousing and shipping, are working together to fill orders and deliver materials on a timely basis. Ensure that transport and fleet management functions are in line with professional principles and VSF Germany’s rules and regulation.
- Support on development and review of procurement plan for all projects in the region.
- Provide support to local procurement’s and ensure all procurement’s are done within organization’s and Donor’s guidelines/ procedures.
- Collect purchase/service requisitions and process procurement as per organization’s policy
- Update regularly procurement status report and communicate program department and filed project offices on
- Work with Country office logistics manager to ensure project supplies are procured and delivered to project locations/sites on time.
- Ensure adequate controls on inflow and outflow of projects supplies from store to other projects sites,
- Management of all transport including staff travel bookings, Visa processing and sharing travel documents to respective staff/consultants/other guests in time
- Review and implement process of contracting transport and accommodation services for staff and other VSFG clients at state level; i.e. ensure availability of and safe means of transport to and from airport, sufficient accommodation services to staff/VSFG clients on transit.
- Support country office to ensure all field equipment’s and automotive have active insurance covers,
- ensure vehicles and related equipment are well maintained and serviceable; i.e. car repairs, equipment, first aid kits replenishment, communications etc.
- Review and supervise vehicle movement and maintenance by ensuring all travels permitted, sufficient control on fuel, car service among others.
- Collect monthly vehicles log sheet of VSF Germany and rented vehicles and evaluate each vehicle’s fuel consumption, availability and utilization.
- Ensures that Program vehicles are checked annually in accordance with Ethiopian Ministry of Road and Transport office regulations and all Drivers have valid driving licenses and conducted eye test as required,
IV) Assets and inventories:
- Oversee the maintenance of a live, up-to-date Fixed Asset Register ensuring all assets are labeled and current locations of all assets are known and reported,
- Ensure appropriate disposal of assets is followed in accordance with VSFG and donor guidelines,
- Ensure procurement, stock inventory, asset registers and fleet reports are correct, produced on time and shared to operations manager on monthly basis for planning and control.
- Support end of project documentation to ensure all assets are recorded and or disposed of as per VSFG and donor guidelines.
- Attend to any other duties as assigned by logistics manager.
- BA Degree in Logistics and Supplies Chain Management/Purchasing and Supplies management/Management/Accounting or related field or its equivalent.
- Minimum three years experience in logistics management with an INGO significant procurement and logistics functions or its equivalent.
- Good spoken and written English is essential.
- Good interpersonal and motivational skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure with limited supervision
- Team player and problem solver
- Experience in managing staff and ability to operate in an insecure and dynamic environment
Line Manager: Country Logistics Manager
Place of work: Addis Ababa with frequent travel to field sites
Monthly salary: As per VSF G scale
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit an application letter and CV with 3 names of referees (one of them being their immediate supervisor) with their telephone and e-mail contacts to VSF Germany P.O. Box 2278/1250. Indicate the job Title on the Subject line of your application and on the envelope. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday 13th March, 2020, at 5.00PM. Due to urgency to fill this position, applications will be reviewed as they are received
N/B-Women are encouraged to apply for the position.
See Job Detail or Apply