Local Facilitators (Ethiopia)
Social Impact, Inc. (SI) is a Washington-based international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. In Ethiopia, SI is implementing the $16.6 million Ethiopia Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Service (EPMES) Activity for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). EPMES’ core services include providing external evaluation services, performance monitoring support, collaborative learning and adapting (CLA) support, and capacity strengthening in MEL and CLA to USAID/Ethiopia and its implementing partners.
EPMES is developing a roster of facilitators based in Addis Ababa to design and facilitate events, meetings, and workshops. The ideal candidate will be someone with strong experience in facilitation, contextual knowledge and understanding of monitoring and evaluation, and learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) principles, knowledge of international development (especially USAID), and fluent English listening and writing, and the ability to adapt to work well with a team and adapt to client requests. Specific sectoral knowledge within international development may be an asset for certain tasks, as would be experience in different types of facilitation (such as design, MEL plan preparation, learning events, evidence reviews, or stakeholder consultations).
**Only candidates based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia will be considered. EPMES encourages qualified Ethiopian and expatriate candidates based in Addis Ababa to apply.
The facilitator must have the following requirements:
- The ability to conduct client-facing work, with EPMES and other stakeholders, to design and implement high-quality events, meetings, and workshops.
- Demonstrable experience in English facilitation in a professional environment, with experience in international development and for USAID strongly preferred
- The ability to maintain high-quality work with tight deadlines, including adapting to client requests in coordination with EPMES
- Excellent professionalism, including focus and discretion
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Google Drive products without support
- Certain task may require expertise in a given sector or type of facilitation, and any areas of expertise candidates possess (sector, type of facilitation) should be noted clearly on one’s CV
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject such as international development, political scient, management, or organizational development
The facilitator will undertake the following illustrative tasks. Actual tasks will be set at the purchase order level:
- Meet with client and EPMES staff before events to understand the event objectives, and prepare an appropriate and participatory facilitation design, incorporating EPMES and client feedback as needed
- Facilitate the event, meeting, or workshop, including adapting based on flow or client feedback
- Support with documentation of the facilitation, in line with clients’ needs
- If requested, work with administrative support to help arrange meeting space, notetaking, and day-of management of the facilitation
EPMES will provide written requests via email to the potential facilitator (including stage of design, time, place, duration, and any special needs, such as sectoral expertise) to determine potential fit. Exact performance standards will be established at the Purchase Order level.
EPMES will provide technical guidance throughout the design phase and written feedback, as necessary, and/or confirm receipt of completed work.
How to apply: