Livestock Value Chain Intern
Livestock Value Chain Intern
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: Internships
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.
For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org.
SNV Ethiopia with other consortia members including CARE Ethiopia, ORDA, REST and Agri Service Ethiopia has started implementing Feed the Future: Livelihoods for Resilience Activity a 5-year USAID funded project in three regions, namely Amhara, SNNPR and Tigray in 27 woredas i.e. Ofla, Alamata, Enda Mehoni, Emba Alage, Hintalo Wojerat, Ganta Afeshum,Hawzen,Gulomekeda(Tigray);Guba Lafto, Habru, Raya Kobo, Meket, Wadla, Menz Mama, Menz Gera( Amhara);Misha, Lemu, Anlemu, soru, duna, Kochire, Wonago, Dilla Zuria, Aleta Wendo,Dara,Boricha, Chuko (SNNPR).
The goal/purpose of the Feed the Future: Livelihoods for Resilience Activity is to reduce food insecurity and increasing resilience for households (HHs) in highland areas of three regions (Amhara, Tigray and SNNPR) in rural Ethiopia. In particular, the purpose of the Livelihoods for Resilience Activity is to enable 97,900 chronically food insecure households to graduate from the PSNP with resilience. SNV is mainly responsible to take the lead role on value chains/market systems development through building the capacity of implementing partners, private sector and other stakeholders.
Summary of the position
Livestock value chain intern will assist the Livestock value chain Advisor, who is a member of the technical experts that leads the value chain development with focus on shoat and cattle fattening with implementing partners and other stakeholders.
- Assist organization of technical training, MSP meetings, B2B meetings and other similar workshops by preparing TORs, invitation letters, communicating IPs and other partners, booking meeting halls, preparing meeting materials, taking participants’ pictures etc.
- Attending technical coaching and follow up visits to beneficiary households.
- Assist in making monthly activity planning in line with the approved plan.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Assist report write ups including field reports, monthly updates, quarter reports.
- Assist in follow-up with access to inputs, and other activities in line with the shoat strategies and innovative fund activities
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field (Livestock development, Agri business, agricultural marketing, agricultural economics, and related fields) graduating in 2018 to 2019.
- Good academic performance and more than 3.0 GPA scores.
- Sound knowledge in livestock production.
- Proficiency in English and local languages: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Computer/Microsoft Office
- Strong interest in addressing the needs of poor communities.
- Strong interest in traveling long distances
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before or on 2 January 2019.
See Job Detail or Apply