We are looking for a Legal Counsel to be a part of our Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (La Gare) team and help achieve our goal of urban expansion projects that positively impact business and tourism, while a ‘halo effect’ ensures sustainable economic growth for the city and the country. Our projects take urban renewal to new heights—a smart city for a future that combines commerce, culture and community.
Ideally, we are looking for an Ethiopian real estate lawyer who can rovide legal advice and guidance for the Company, its subsidiaries, the parent company and related parties on the relevant projects and other operational activities.
- 8-15 years of experience in an international law firm or a real estate developer
- Provide recommendations and legal advice relating to all forms of contract disputes, including litigation and arbitration to various business units.
- Review, prepare and analyse contracts, agreements and other legal documents and recommend suitable alternatives to legal issues whenever necessary highlighting commercial risk issues based on corporate and industry standards terms and conditions
- Research and monitor legal frameworks relevant to the company’s business and advice company accordingly
- Synthesize legal research and analysis into a coherent written memorandum or brief for submission to the Company’s relevant departments, court or arbitrator
- Bachelors Degree in Law from a recognized University
- Previous experience in Ethiopia or a strong knowledge of Ethiopian market is a must
- Experience in a large-scale mixed-used development project is desirable
To be considered for this role, you will must be someone who has a hands-on understanding of the tough real estate market in Ethiopia, one who would provide concise legal advice to all departments within Eagle Hills La Gare team and deal with the production and review of all documents containing legal obligations in a timely fashion.
If you are interested and you feel that you have what it takes, please apply on LinkedIn and let me know through ASK@eaglehills.com and we can talk through it.
See Job Detail or Apply