Job Title: Junior Nurse
WGGA Eye Centre is a full service multi-specialty practice located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Established in 2012, we have expanded to a group of eight certified Ophthalmologists, an Ophthalmic Medical Technologist and five Optometrists. Our compassionate experienced team is dedicated to providing high quality eye care in Ethiopia that strives to exceed your expectations.
Our Eye Centre offers state of the art diagnostics, comprehensive eye examinations and the most advanced vision correction treatments and procedures for eye diseases and disorders. We’re committed to providing leading-edge patient-centered care for everyone, from babies to seniors. We're the eye doctors in Ethiopia for you!
WGGA also committed to building and furthering the capacity of Ethiopian Ophthalmologists and allied ophthalmic professionals. We are extremely proud of our team of Ethiopian professionals.
WGGA Eye Centre is a division of WGGA Medical Services plc. Established by two Ethio-Canadians, who have actively been engaged in philanthropic medical initiatives in East Africa for the last +10 years.
Under serious follow-up of Nursing and Education department junior nurse is responsible for administering all routine tests and examinations for patients.
Detail Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining hygienic and safe working environment in compliance with the healthcare procedures.
- Preparing patients for examinations, organize examination rooms,
- Interacting with the healthcare teams for maintaining harmonious relationships.
- Create harmonious environment to provide emotional and psychological wellbeing of the patients
- Provide patients with basic education about OPD Procedure
- Take blood pressure reading
- Conduct eye examinations by
- Inspection of the external appearance of the eyes , the eyelids, the lashes and the skin surrounding the eye
- Visual acuity testing; make sure all medical equipment is ready and clean,
- Apply mydriatics upon request by the doctors
- Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
- Familiarize yourself with all equipment & instrument utilized
- Assist in the OR and optical shop, when required,
- Ensure patient are treated respectfully at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Number of Posts:
- 6 (six)
- Manager for Nursing & Education
- Nursing & Education
- BA degree in clinical nursing from recognized University
- Not required
Technical and other skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner
- Competency in computer applications
- Ability to analyze and solve the problems
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their application, CV and copies of supporting Educational and work experience documents to Human Resource and Administration Department office in person to WGGA Medical service 2nd floor, or E-mail through: firstname.lastname@example.org with in five working days.
Physical Address: Ethio-China Friendship Road located at Gorgorios squire, for further Information Tel: 0114-7022-17/0114-716-65
See Job Detail or Apply