Human Resource Manager (HR Manager)
Position Designation: Human Resources Manager
Function: HR & ADMN
Location: Addis Ababa
Company: Ethiopian Steel PLC
Reports to (designation): Head of HR East Africa/Business Head
- Minimum academic qualification: BBA, MBA – HR Option
- Qualifications as an added advantage: Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Professional registration with local/international HR bodies
- General work experience (years): 8 – 12 years
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 8 years
- Industry: Manufacturing
The Main purpose of the position:
To help ensure that the Business Unit achieves its corporate objectives and makes the best use of its employees by developing, directing, managing and maintaining innovative, best-practice, effective and forward-looking Human Resource strategies, practices, protocols and procedures, which are aligned with Group HR objectives.
Reporting in to this position (designation and level)
- Routine/Direct: Administration Officer, HR Officer
- Functional/Indirect: None
- Key responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of HR strategy for the Business Unit, particularly by advising on the human resource implications of strategic decisions
- Manage and maintain effective Human Capital strategies and tactical plans, and ensure that these are communicated and implemented throughout the Business Unit in a way that supports the Business Unit’s objectives.
- Manage and maintain all necessary HR Workforce Planning, Recruitment and Selection procedures to ensure that the Business Unit has staff of the right calibre to enable it to meet its corporate objectives. Ensure that the correct psychometric protocols are observed.
- Ensure compliance to the Group Remuneration Strategy and to appropriate terms and conditions of employment to ensure that the Business Unit is able to attract, retain and motivate talented staff.
- Advise the Business Unit Senior Management about HR policies, procedures and actions required to ensure that the Business Unit makes the best use of its employees.
- Manage and maintain a Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) to ensure that line management is equipped with appropriate HR information to make effective decisions.
- Manage and monitor and feedback the induction/On-boarding program within the Business Unit and ensure conformity and compliance to standard procedures.
- Manage, monitor and feedback the Exit Interview process and develop an early warning indicator for line management.
- Ensure maintenance of all necessary HR procedures and systems to ensure that the Business Unit has all the information required for effective resource planning and management and regulatory compliance.
- Manage and direct the implantation of SAP/specific ERP HR modules as per the roll–out and implementation plan and ensure that they reflect ongoing best practice.
- In conjunction with the Head of HR East Africa, develop and monitor the Business Unit’s HR budget to ensure that HR services are provided at the appropriate level consistent with the attainment of the Business Unit’s objectives.
- Manage all employee relations activities within the Business Unit and ensure that there is an ongoing harmonious relationship between management and staff.
- Develop, conduct and manage the Business Unit’s Training and Development Plan, which would include budgets, reports and feedback from the performance Management system.
- Oversee all administration related activities including Preventative and Corrective maintenance of Company Facilities, Statutory Compliances including Business Licences for all Branches, Office Supplies and Transportation.
- To coordinate with the Security team and systems to ensure security and regulatory compliance of premises at all times to forestall all risks and threats
Budgetary responsibility: Yes – Annual Budgets for HR, Admin and Security.
Procurement responsibility: Yes - In collaboration with the Supply Chain Department
See Job Detail or Apply