HR Officer - Staff Benefit Administration
FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the following position:
Position: HR Officer- Staff Benefit Administration
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Duration of Contract: One-year contract, renewable (with 60 days probation period)
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Result #1 – Benefits Management
- Verify eligibility of staff medical document, legality of health center and entitlement presented for refund before approval;
- Review all staff medical refund documents made by projects and verify the proper procedure has been followed and that it is to the standard;
- Ensures yearly GPA and Workmen insurance renewed to existing staff and follow up purchase of insurance for new staff;
- Follow up staff inclusion and exclusion from the insurance policy and update the insurer regularly;
- Prepare insurance premium payments with proper supporting documents liaising with finance department and ensure timely payment of monthly premiums
- Follow up on staff entitled to sum assured adjustment due to position changes and ensure they get the sum assured adjustment by liaising with the insurance company and the employees.
- Ensure accident claims are reported to the insurance company on time and advise staff for proper follow up and submission of required documents for compensation payment;
- Handle death claims and follow up on insurance payment to beneficiaries;
- Request documents from staff which helps for pension contribution process and complete the form;
- Process pension registration for new staff and follow up all the documents including the completed pension form is submitted to the appropriate government body;
- Follow up the pension contribution properly made at all projects and complete document prepared and submitted to the respective government body;
- Ensure every project as well as head office finance submit copies of pension contribution documents to head office HR at the beginning of every month;
- Follow up on employees who are reaching their retirement ages and ensure the required pension forms and supporting documents are prepared ahead of time for submission to the Pension Office.
- Provide regular report on FHE staff medical and pension management;
Key Result #2 – Records management
- Maintain and regularly update staff medical records data base both for HO and Project staff;
- Organizes and handles personnel records of employees such as annual leaves, sick leaves, performance evaluation results, pension and others;
- Collects and compiles statistical data on personnel matters and releases information when required in consultation of the Human Resource Department at HO.
Key Result #3 – Others
- Distributes employee performance evaluation forms, ensures that all are filled-out properly and summarizes the evaluation reports;
- Prepares identity cards for employees submit and follow up the renewal period of the ID;
- During termination makes sure that identity cards returned and HR related matters are settled;
- Participate in other HR operation such as job posting, screening, documentation, orientation etc as requested;
- Assists the Human Resource Coordinator in preparing candidates profile;
- Verify for reference check of the selected candidate;
- Performs other related activities assigned by the immediate supervisor.
SAFETY AND SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Each FHE staff member should adhere to all pertinent policies concerning safety and security policy of FH. Lapses in safe conduct can jeopardize the health and welfare of all staff.
* Every FHE staff member has an obligation to learn and understand the security situation where they are located.
* He/she has a responsibility to become familiar to social, cultural and other associated features of their duty stations;
* Abstains from inappropriate or offensive behavior that can put FHE in a difficult position, impair operations, and jeopardize the health and welfare of all staff of FHE.
* All FHE staff should promotes safe conducts and exercises caution in all work activities; staff should accountable for own personal and professional actions and conduct.
* Be familiar with the local Gender Focal Point(s), and go to her/him to learn more about gender issues, or when there is a gender grievance or harassment issue to resolve
* Within each project and department, discuss FH’s Gender & Diversity and Sexual Harassment and sexual exploitation Policies, so that all staff are conversant with them.
* Refrain from any comments or gestures that indicate prejudicial views of female staff, especially female supervisors.
- BA Degree Human Resource Management, Business Administration or other related fields of study.
- Computer literate,
- Interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience preferably in an NGO setting is an added advantage.
- Enthusiasm about the Heartbeat of FHE,
- Proficiency in spoken and written English language.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their application and CV to:
Candidates MUST refer the position title “HR Officer” on the subject line of their emails and applications
See Job Detail or Apply