HR Manager – Learning and Development
HR Manager – Learning and Development
Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: March 19, 2020
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Learning and development manager is responsible for the creation and delivery of tailored learning and development programs. The manager helps the organization to sustainably achieve its mission by supporting employees advance their skills and knowledge. Designed with leadership, management, business and personal growth and best practices in mind, the intention is to expand both the managerial and technical knowledge and skills of all employees at all levels within the Agency. The L&D Manager will lead a team of professionals who will develop, manage and enhance learning and development programs and effective performance management system.
- Conduct individual and organizational development needs; design and implement learning and development strategies and programs that support the organization to achieve its mission.
- Ensure all learning and development initiatives support the achievement of strategic objectives and organizational priorities.
- Manage all professional development programs and oversee all activities from planning content through delivery of materials and objectives.
- Leverage learning industry trends to help employees learn and grow and foster innovative and positive learning approaches and experiences.
- Establish and promote a culture of learning, coaching and professional development across the Agency
- Lead the development and implementation of succession plan in order to ensure sustainable staff development and retention of highly competent staff (talent retention).
- Design and implement development plans for high potential talent.
- Identify and maintain relationships with external vendors/consultants in order to ensure effective delivery of interventions; achieve the desired impact and return on investment.
- Understand capabilities of and current trends to maximize the Agency’s Enterprise Resource Management System (ERP) to best engage, track and report on HR activities.
- Manage and enhance the Performance Management System and support its implementation through building the capacity of both supervisors and employees.
- Advice managers and employees on their personal learning & development; and develop/review career development path and provide guidance.
- Ensure team is operating in the most effective way possible and have the appropriate level of skills and capabilities to be successful.
- Leverage and align work to appropriate resources across the team to ensure work is completed in the most efficient and impactful way.
- Prepare budget for learning and development programs and effectively manage the utilization.
- Perform other related tasks as requested.
- BA/BSc or MA/MSc (MA/MSc preferred) in Learning/Training and Development, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Management or other relevant fields of study.
- More than 8 years (for Bachelors) or 6 years (for Masters) of relevant experience, out of which at least:
- 4 years’ experience in staff performance management, training and development, and/or other related activities, and
- 2 years in leadership or managerial position.
- Extensive expertise and experience in designing and implementing learning and development interventions, competency frameworks, performance management, career development, talent management and succession processes.
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and communication skills.
- Experience in facilitating and delivering learning programs.
- Excellent skill in Microsoft applications such as Ms-Word, Ms-Excel, PowerPoint. Experience in ERP is an advantage.
- Strong ability to build relationships across the organization and with Senior Management Team.
- Ability to managing multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Fluency in English and Amharic in essential.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://ift.tt/2YfbfuK
It is mandatory to mention the position title in the subject line of your application email.
Please DO NOT submit scans of educational and experience certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
See Job Detail or Apply