Head of Sub-Office
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Management, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited
academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in movement operations working with transport providers, governmental and
diplomatic bodies, as well as with international organizations;
- Experience conducting United States Refugee Admissions Programme (USRAP) resettlement
activities is an advantage as is previous participation in Movement Management Department
(MMD) training sessions;
- Experience in the development and/or humanitarian sector at the international level dealing
with refugee and migration assistance, emergencies and/or crisis and post-crisis settings,
disaster risk management;
- Experience in providing assistance to migrants/refugees in need of protection services or direct
- In-depth knowledge of migrant assistance and resettlement operations.
- Knowledge or working experience in the East and Horn Africa in related area of responsibility;
- Good knowledge of project management and implementation, including managing teams and
budgets as well as monitoring and evaluation;
- Work experience in the United Nations or development/humanitarian non-governmental
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French,
Spanish, and/or a local language is an advantage.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
See Job Detail or Apply