Doing the Right Thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, here in Ethiopia.
CARITAS Switzerland (CACH) has been working in Ethiopia for more than 30 years. Currently CACH cooperates with four partners in Ethiopia. Recently, CACH has successfully been registered as an International Non-Government Organisation in Ethiopia and has therefore become operational at project implementation level. CACHs main working fields are in the field of agricultural development and food security, WASH as well as is supporting and implementing emergency and relief operations. Our current working areas are in Tigray, southern and eastern Oromia and in the Somali Region. CACH supports and implements currently ten projects in these regions.
Summary of Duties
Assuming responsibility for the day-to-day and monthly accounting, checking all the accounting vouchers and recording using the organizational accounting software; handling payments to suppliers, staff advances, work and travel advance settlements, dealing with internal and external customers. The Finance Office will ensure that the accounting is done according to internal procedures , Government regulations and internationally accepted standards.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Checking all accounting vouchers, filed office records & reports with supporting documents and bank/budget requests.
- Checking day-to-day expenditure before encoding expenses in the accounting software, make sure all the payments are made and recorded properly and accordingly.
- Organize accounting and supporting documents in a well-defined structure and in a good filing system. Checking and making sure there are full original supporting documents before Audit.
- Ensure accurate accounting, authorizations and internal control procedures are met for all payments.
- Maintain confidentiality of documents at her/his disposal. Handling petty cash and local bank transfers.
- Ensure local and national tax compliance.
What we offer
We offer a responsible position with a wide range of flexibility and a competitive salary package. Duty station will be Addis Ababa, CACH country office. The candidate must be ready to undertake occasional travels to project sites, Woreda of Operation and to local partner organisations if requested.
The ideal candidate represents the majority of the below mentioned areas:
- BA Degree in Accounting/Finance and minimum of 2-5 years of work experience in similar finance/accounting positions.
- Proven ability of working with accounting software, computer literate and effective ability in Excel and Word.
- Experience in recording and document organization.
- Good team player and honest
- Good communication skill in English.
How to Apply
Applicants send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) as PDF. Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered. Deadline for application is March 25, 2020.
Application to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See Job Detail or Apply